Shattered Hope

We reached his college .. Ppl were looking at us like alien ..

"Manik sab hume aise q dekh rahe haii ??" I asked

"May be car k wajha se or sayad mujhe kavi aise ni dekha .. Upar se with a beautiful girl " he remarked with a grin and I blushed at his last line

"Atlst u noticed warna to aaj mujhe complement v milega , I never thought " I said dramatically and he looked at me with guilty eyes .. Aww kitni jaldi tnsn leta hai ye ..

"Nandini u always look beautiful" he said and I smiled

We entered the auditorium ..  Manik pointed his finger towards Alya " Wo rahi Alya .. Beautiful na ??" He asked looking at her

"Yeah " I said sadly .. She is really beautiful .. The way he was looking at her was way more beautiful than her ..

"Nandini .. U wait me mil k aata hu sir se " he said leaving me alone in that crowd .. And I sighed ..

"Why I am here even ?? " then I remembered Manik never invited me .. He came back soon ..

"Nandini lets go and sit " he said and we both sat there in the same line with Alya and her frnds.. Manik went and sat beside Alya and then me ..

"Nandini should I talk " he asked .. No my heart replied

"You should " I said with a forced smile "Manik I will be back in a minute " I said

"Where " he asked

"Washroom " i replied and left the place ... I searched for the washroom ..

Manik POV

"Nandini , she is behaving weird today " I called her but she was gone .. I was about to follow .. But

"Manik , ryt ??" I heard alya .. Omg alya , my dream girl

I smiled "Yeah .. Hey Alya "

"Congrats " she said

"Thank You" I smiled wholeheartedly

We talked some random stuff .. For the first time .. Then our principal announced my name .. I went to stage .. Received my certificates .. Nandini was still not there .. Was searching her through my eyes .. But then all the students received their certificates ..

Then there was some couple dance going on .. I was searching for Nandini .. But she was nowhere to be seen ..

"Manik " Alya forwarding her hand "Let's dance " and I gave in happily

We danced on a romantic number .. Then gathering some courage I asked her "Alya if you don't mind , can we just go on a drive " and she blushed

"Sure " she said and I was on cloud nine " Let's not waste time then " she said and I nodded happily asking her "Sure" and she nodded positively  ..

We reached the parking and I messaged Nandini "Nandini am leaving with Alya .. U go home .. And be safe .. Call me once you reach home "

"Manik My dad gifted me a car today so ussi me chalte haii pls ??" ALYA asked with a cute pout

"Okay " I said and checked my phn hoping a reply from Nandini ..

And yeah suddenly her msg appeared "Okay .. Have fun .. And take care .. Bye Manik " I smiled at her concern

"Bye .. Be safe " I replied and alya came so I went with her .. 

Nandini POV

I came to washroom after a big struggle uff .. When I returned , I saw Manik with all his glory standing with a beautiful smile on the stage .. Some kind of proudness I felt at that time .. But then he came back and got busy with alya .. I just stayed there in a corner .. He was happy .. Smiling .."  Am happy for you .. Although my heart is aching .. And my eyes are craving for your attention " I whispered ..