Sam, Tucker and Valerie stared slackjawed. Did they hear right. The other students cheered.

Jack grinned. The glint in his eyes brightened considerably. "Thanks, son. Don't worry. I'll protect you from now on. No ghost will cause my boy any harm."

He stood up elated. "I will tell your mom the great news." And he bounded down the hall.

Danny smiled after him. His eyes traveled away from the opening and caught Sam's glare.

"What the hell were you thinking!" She ground out in Ghost. The halfa grimaced at her harsh tone.

"It's just..." the boy didn't want to tell her he said that because he wanted to spend more time with his dad. He realised now how selfish that was. "Did you see him? I didn't have the heart to tell him no."

Sam was furious. "Then you grow a heart."

"I'm with Sam on this one, Danny," Tucker said as he leaned forward. "This was your chance."

Valerie looked between them. "Ok. I have no idea what you guys are saying but I can guess. You know we wouldn't have gone back even if Danny said yes?"

The other students were leaving except for Kwan, who stayed to talk to his friend. Dash nudged him and pointed at Valerie.

She continued when she saw her new friends' expressions. "Well sure. His parents would have turned the ship around but the others wouldn't have stepped out of the castle. You know that right?"

Danny nodded furiously as Sam huffed and crossed her arms. Tucker sighed.

A ghost appeared to check on them. Danny was glad for the interruption. She took off his bandages and Danny saw that his chest was fully healed as was his shoulder and head. His hands were still sore but the burns had faded away to leave red skin. He flexed them experimentaly and smiled.

Dash gaped beside Kwan, who gasped quietly.

Danny glanced at them. He'd forgotten them and his face paled. He took back the bandages. "I'd rather keep then on, please."

The ghost was confused. "But you don't need then anymore."

"Please."

She shrugged and wound new bandages around his shoulder, chest, forehead and palms. He smiled and thanked her. She nodded and removed Sam's bandage on her head. It had stopped bleeding but still needed to be covered and was fragile.

She went to check with the rest and declared them in no danger of falling dead anytime soon.

Tucker's arm was in a sling and Valerie's leg lay bandaged and barefooted on her bed. Leroy was fully healed but still lay next to Danny.

The halfa and Tucker were given permission to go as long as they didn't overdo anything. Dash left along with Kwan.

"Did you see that?" Kwan whispered to his friend. "The dude was like totally healed."

Dash looked back uncertainly as they left through entrance. "I know, bro. I also saw something in the creepy castle."

Kwan's eyes widened. "Yeah. You were gonna tell me what happened while I was gone."

"It was freaky, dude. Fenton and his nerdy friends were fighting the ghost."

Kwan gasped. "No way."

Dash nodded. "Yes way. They were good at it too. And then the ghost was gonna cut him too but Fenton grabbed the sword ... and broke it." He whispered that last part.

Kwan sucked in breath. He looked back at the entrance to the medical wing in shocked silence. "Broooooo."

Danny walked out on top of Leroy. Tucker next to him. Both were waving back at the girls who weren't allowed out of their beds yet.