Chapter 1: Hotel Room Affair

"Michael, I know you're in there! Open the door!"

I panicked, springing up from the bed as she continued to bang against the door. "Just a second, honey!" I called.

"Open the door, now!"

I turned to Diana, who was still snuggled up underneath the covers.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whispered. "Get up!"

"Why? I want to meet her." She joked, giggling.

I narrowed my eyes. "This isn't funny, Diana. At all."

"Michael! I swear to god if you don't open this door I'm going to kick it down!"

Diana snorted. "Oh, she's feisty. No wonder you like her so much."

I scoffed, walking over to her and snatching away the covers. "Get up, you need to hide."

"What? Hide where?"

"I don't know." I sighed, picking up her clothing and throwing it to her. "In the closet or something."

She lifted an eyebrow in amusement. "She'll look in the closet, stupid." 

"Then get under the bed or something. Just hurry. I'm going to open the door."

She rolled her eyes as she gathered her clothing. "You owe me for this." She remarked before kneeling down on the ground and sliding under the bed. I took a deep breath before crossing the room towards the door.

"Michael Joseph Jackson open this door right-"

"Hey, baby." I greeted her, leaning against the door frame. "What a pleasant surprise!"

She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked me up and down. "What the hell took you so long to open the door?" She questioned.

"Oh..." I stammered. "Uh, I was getting dressed."

She folded her arms. "Really? Why aren't you dressed, then?"

I glanced down at my half-naked body. Shit.

"Move." She ordered, pushing past me and barging inside. I closed the door and followed her into the room. 

She paused, sniffing the air suspiciously. "What's that smell?" She asked.

I pretended to be confused. "What smell? I don't smell anything."

"It smells like sex." She responded, shooting me a glance.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Oh, well, you know.  It's a hotel. It's probably coming through the vents or something."

She scoffed, walking over to the closet and pulling the door open. She stepped inside, looking around for a few seconds before stepping back out. 

Wow, Diana was right.

"Um, Sasha." I called to her. "What exactly are you looking for?"

She ignored me, continuing to survey the room. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed an open condom wrapper on the night stand. I crossed the room, trying my best not to draw any attention. When she bent down to smell the sheets, I grabbed it and stuffed it into the waistband of my underwear.

Although she couldn't seem to find anything, her suspicion remained. She turned toward me, her head cocked to the side. "Who was here?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"Who was here?" She repeated. "I'm not stupid, Michael. I know that you had a girl here."

I rolled my eyes, letting out a deep sigh. "Not this again..."

"Answer me!" She shouted.

"No one was here, Sasha." I responded. "God, how much longer are you going to do this?"

"How much longer are you going to cheat on me?"

"I'm not cheating on you!" I yelled. "And I'm getting really tired of your insecure bullshit!"

She looked taken aback, as she stood in silence for a few moments. "Really?" She finally spoke.

"Yes, really." I persisted. "Look, if you don't want to be with me, just say it. You don't have to do all of this. Just break up with me."

"You know I want to be with you, Michael. How could you even say that?"

I snorted, shaking my head. "Well, you sure don't act like it. All of the accusations and arguing and... ugh, I just can't take it anymore! I've had enough."

She sighed, looking down at the ground as she sat on the bed. "What else am I supposed to do? You ignore my calls, you come home late, and you never tell me where you're going when you leave. And then I find out that you're staying in a hotel room? I mean, look at this place. Look at you." She said, gesturing toward me. "You look like you just ran a marathon. Your hair is messy, you're sweating, and you're in your underwear. What the hell am I supposed to think, Michael? Huh?"

I shrugged. "At this point, you can think whatever you want. You've made up your mind, and I doubt that anything I say will change that."

She stood from the bed and walked towards me, her eyes watering. "Don't do that, Michael. Please." She begged. "Don't make it seem like this is all on me."

I struggled to maintain eye contact. How can I look her in the eyes and lie to her face? How can I watch her heart break right in front of me?

"Listen..." I began. "I know that I've made mistakes in the past, but we agreed to move past all of that. I'm not that guy anymore, Sasha. I love you,  and only you. I just need you to trust me." I placed a finger underneath her chin, stroking her cheek with my thumb. "Just trust me, baby."

She nodded slowly, and a single tear cascaded down her cheek. "Okay. I trust you." She choked. "I'm sorry."

I let out a sigh of relief, pulling her into my arms for a tight embrace. She clung to me, burying her face into my shoulder, and cried. I kissed the top of her head, whispering words of comfort.

Over her shoulder, I saw Diana wiggling out from underneath the bed. My eyes widened.

"Stop!" I mouthed.

"I have to go." She mouthed back, squatting low on the ground.

Sasha seemed to notice that something was wrong, and lifted her head to look at me. I smiled, trying to conceal the anxiety that coursed through my body. I grabbed her face and pulled in her for a deep kiss, hoping that it would distract her long enough for Diana to escape.

I opened my eyes in the middle of the kiss to find Diana tip toeing across the room. I swung Sasha around so that her back was towards the door. She giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck and deepening the kiss.

Diana finally reached the door, but just before she was about the turn the handle, she stopped and turned around. She grinned, blowing me a kiss. I couldn't help but chuckle out loud. 

Sasha broke the kiss with a confused expression. "What's so funny?"

I quickly wrapped my arms around her, hugging her again. "Nothing, dear. I'm just happy to see you."

Diana flashed me a thumbs up, then turned back to the door and quietly exited the room. God, what a close call.

"Come home, Mike. I don't want to leave you in this hotel room all alone." Sasha whispered.

I smirked, planting a big kiss on forehead. "Sure, baby. Let's go home."