Chapter 7 - Back to Hell Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I trained my pack with honor and respect," Our alpha begins, "We have strict policies and pride ourselves in our progress. But most of all, we have honor and wish to help those around us." Our alpha stops for a brief moment and gives them a look that makes everyone, even alpha Greene, take a step back. "And that is what makes us the strongest pack of all."

"Yes, we thank you for it." Alpha Greene looks unhappy for for a few seconds, "Can you introduce us?" Chase nods as his gaze examines us. I keep my eyes on alpha Greene.

"I'd be delighted," I can hear the anger in our alpha's words. "To begin, this is Jesse." Jesse steps forward. "He can be strict but he is a great leader and gets the job done."

Jesse bows.

"Jeremy is determined, put together, and a great leader."

Jeremy bows down quickly, his arms and neck stiff.

Our alpha glances at me and my stomach drops.

"Victor is a unique but I confirm when I say his methods work."

Victor bows and winks at a group of girls. They giggle.

"Megan is the strictest there is but that's what makes her great."

"Damn right," Megan bows with an evil smirk. The woman in front of her pulls her child back.

Here it goes.

"And Lily." It's here. "She's very special, strong, and a fast learner."

Our alpha nods in encouragement and I bow. I take a deep breathe and straighten up, meeting Alpha Greene in the eyes. However, he just nods in affirmation and turns back to our alpha.

I want to tell him I'm back but I can't bring myself to. Part of me knows he'll just dismiss me like before and the other part knows it won't make a difference to him.

"Lily?" Chase chokes.

My wolf whimpers.

"Yes?" I raise my eyebrow as confidently as I can. The others get behind me and I feel Jeremy's hand on my back.

My wolf howls in pain when Chase shakes his head and takes a step back.

"Sorry. I just - I just had a flashback to my dead ma - a dead pack member."

I feel my heart jump at the sound of his voice.

Wait did he say dead?

"Dead?" I whisper heartlessly.

Alpha Greene speaks, "She was just a former pack member. She wasn't very well liked given her nature but she will be forever missed." Alpha Greene finishes in a tone that says the conversation is over.

Given her nature? What?

I swallow the lump in my throat. Can it be... ?

"She was from the Alvarez family," Alexis begins despite her father's glare, "They found her body near a lake. It seems that she committed suicide." Alexis' tone is low. She glances back at her father and straightens her posture, "But nobody knows why! I mean, I never got to know her but people said she was mean, heartless, and all that...." She trails off and her voice gets small.

I want to yell. How dare they?! I've always been nice despite their constant bullying. It was them! She! All of them!

My nervousness vanishes and I replace it with anger. I straighten up and cross my arms.

"What?!" Megan looks like she's about to say something but Jesse pulls her back.

"No." My voice came out strong and demanding. I feel the presence of my Pack around me, giving me strength and support, making me confident.

I take a step forward, grab a strand of my hair, and twirl it on my finger.

All eyes zone on me and my pack backs away.

My eyes connect with every pair of eyes until they land on the person who gave me the most pain.

"I'm alive."