Chapter Forty Six - Final Chapter

Magsimula sa umpisa

A few more steps and I was in front of him. I hugged Dad and Mom one last time before my head turned to look at Coco. 

"Ikaw na ang bahala sa anak ko at kay Cookie. I will raise hell if you make my baby girl cry." Dad warned as he handed me to him.

"I will never make her cry unless it's happy tears." Coco promised.

I kissed our little Cookie who stood next to Coco, looking all grown up in his tuxedo. Then I hooked my arms around Coco's arm and we walked to the center.

"I'm so happy for you." Audrey mouthed while she stood at the side. She flew back to the Philippines before our wedding to be our maid of honor. Kuya Miggy was our man of honor. 

"Thank you." I mouthed back.

The priest began to talk and everybody listened intently. Coco was holding my hand the whole time, occasionally squeezing it in his. I felt like my entire existance had been leading to this moment. Dear Lord, I was so in love with him I could feel it in every bones in my body. I belong to him and he belongs to me. Who knew our pretending weddings back when we were kids would be a reality? 

"I love you." He softly whispered in my ear.

I looked at him and was met with the gentlest of the stares. "I love you too."

We looked at each other and found it hard to break eye contact. It seemed we had forgotten how to blink for a few moments.

"I, Nicholas Cordova, choose you, Anais Rebecca Lavigne, not only as my bestfriend but also my wife, the mother of my children, the love of my life, and my favorite brat. I promise you my deepest love, my tenderest care, my fullest devotion. I promise to love you, to commit to you, and to support you. I promise to be faithful to you. To love you when times are good and bad, and when life gets easy or hard. There's nothing more I want in this world but to fall in love with you each day and grow old with you. I love you beyond love." He slipped a ring on my finger as he struggled to keep the tears at bay. He then gave me a gentle kiss on the forehead. 

"Growing up, I've always dreamt of having a fairytale life. I've always wanted to be one of those Disney princess and I wanted my own prince who would give me true love and happiness. I just never knew it would be you. You were my bestfriend since childhood. You were the one who kisses my boo boos away, you where the one who kills roaches for me, the one who eats the olives whenever we order supreme pizza. I was never prepared to fall in love with my bestfriend. I was looking for happiness but with you I found bliss. I was prepared for the heat but not the warmth. I was anticipating the fall but not the growth. We've grown together through good and bad. I love you, Nicholas Cordova, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." With shaky hands, I slipped on the ring on his finger. 

He cupped my chin and tilted my head to give me a gentle kiss on the lips. His kiss tasted of tears, of love and all the things he couldn't say out loud. His lips were gentle and soft against mine. 

Cookie slid his toy car up the top of my protruding six-month-old belly as I laid in bed. I watched him play with his little sister. We found out just a month ago that we were having a baby girl. Cookie was mildly disappointed because he wanted a brother but his disappointment was short-lived. Ngayon excited na excited na siyang lumabas ang baby namin at maging Kuya.

"Ano'ng ginagawa mo sa tummy ni Mymy?" Tanong ni Coco nang dumungaw siya sa pinto ng kwarto namin. 

"I'm playing with little sister." Sabi niya.

"Playing what?" Pumasok si Coco sa kwarto at umupo sa gilid ng kama. 

"Hero." Cookie answered. "The car went up the hill and one of its wheels got stuck in a hole,well  in Mymy's belly button."