Chapter Three

ANAIS

"Hi, Ana!" Steve waved as he walked to where I was standing. Steve was one of the hottest guys in the campus and all the girls were crazy over him. And I was like any other typical teenage girls who had a huge crush on him. He was the son of famous movie stars and had been appearing on tv shows and doing commercials himself kaya sikat siya sa mga babae dito.

"Hey, Stevie." I smiled.

"It's Anais." Coco sighed.

"It's just a little nickname I gave her." Steve said. "I think it's cute that way."

"Her name is perfect the way it is." Coco said in a bored tone.

I subtly nudged him with my elbow. "Coco..."

"Anyway, I just want to ask if you're free on Saturday." He averted his attention back to me.

"Saturday? Well, I don't really have any plans..." I bit my bottom lip to keep myself from smiling.

"Yeah, tell that to tito Axel." Coco whispered, even though I couldn't see him as he was right behind me, I could feel the mocking smirk in his voice.

"Great! My parents will be away for the weekend. Do you want to come to my party?"

"Why, of course. I would love to." I beamed.

"But unfortunately she can't..." Singit ni Coco.

"Coco..." I whined.

"Teka, bakit ba ikaw ang nagdedesisyon para sa kanya?" Steve's lips curled into a smirk. "Si Ana ang tinatanong ko, hindi ikaw. Mag-ano ba kayo, Ana?"

"We're friends... bestfriends." I quickly answered.

"Magkaibigan lang pala kayo. Kung makaasa akala mo boyfriend." He chuckled sarcastically, his eyes glaring at Coco. "Sorry pare, I can't invite you to my party. You're not on the list. Maybe next time."

"I don't want to go anyway." Coco shrugged. "And Anais won't come to your lame ass party. She's not allowed to."

"Say who?" Steve snided.

"Says I." Coco snarled.

"Coco naman!" I frowned at him.

He didn't pay attention to me. He looked back at Steve with eyes that spat venom. Alam ko na ang tingin niyang ganon. I knew Coco more than anyone else does. He had the temper of a castrated bulldog and was easily provoked. Kapag nagtuloy-tuloy ang galit niya mahihirapan na akong pigilan siya.

"Um, Steve, I'll talk to you some other time. Kailangan na namin umalis." I said, pulling Coco away.

Hindi pa rin nila tinatanggal ang mga mata nila sa isa't isa. They looked as if they were ready to attack each other. I tugged Coco a little harder, trying to break the tension between the two guys, but he wouldn't budge.

"I don't give a damn about your opinion. Si Ana ang tinatanong ko, kami lang ang nag-uusap dito." Steve averted his eyes to me and smiled. "So, Ana, do you still want to go to my party?"

I bit my bottom lip and turned my head to Coco. His face hardened and his jaw clenched as he looked at Steve.

"Ana?"

"Y—yes, I'll go to your party..." I quietly said, almost in a whisper.

"I'll be expecting you on Saturday." He winked at me.

I forced a smile before pulling Coco away. Nang makalayo kami ay marahas na binawi ni Coco ang kamay niya sa akin. He took big, heavy steps until I had to hasten to keep up with him.