Chapter 1| Wilmer

(16-17 years ago ~ Past)

"Will, c-can you come over?" asked a worried Demi over the phone.

"Wilmer, did you hear me?" asked Demi.

"I heard you, Amor. I am on my way. You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just we need to talk about something," said Demi adamant. I disliked her adamant tone, it usually meant she was not in a good mood.

"Ok. Talk to you in a bit. I'm about to get on the road" I said.

We had been dating for a quite while when we heard the news. I was twenty-nine years old the most exciting, yet scary news occurred. Demi was seventeen and I never wanted to put her in this situation. When I heard Demi's nervous and worried tone, I grabbed my jacket and drove quickly to her house right away. Her voice and tone scared me as I sped through the streets to her place.
She had been through so much since touring with Camp Rock 2 and was overworked. I helped her get healthy and sober. But also she needs to credit it to herself. It had been only six months sober. I'm so proud of my Nena.

When I knocked on Demi's front door, I hoped for her to open the door wide open and with open arms. When she usually did that, she would wrap her arms around my waist and kiss me slowly. I would hold Demi in my arms close before we go upstairs. Then, we'd lay on her bed as I held her tight for an hour or more if she was not up to talking. By then, Demi would forget what she was so pent up and angry about since we were in deep oblivion of our love.

I'm a good friend and now boyfriend. I mean I wasn't so happy about the age gap, but I didn't mind it. I am not the best boyfriend ever, you could check my record on that. But, I had helped Demi here and there. Told her the things a boyfriend should tell his girlfriend.

Anyways, once I arrived at Demi's I ran out of my car to Demi's wide-open front door where I saw her crying. I engulfed her in my arms and held her tight. I thought something dangerous happened as I saw her sob and gasp for air.

"Nena, calm down. Demi, why did you call me worried? Are you alright?" I asked holding onto Demi. She pulled me into her front door and I held her still at the entryway.

Her head was on my chest like a pillow as we stood. I hold her hand and play with her fingers.

"Oh...follow me," sniffled Demi walking upstairs to the bathroom.

I followed nervously.

'Please don't relapse or get worried about the scale,' I thought.

As we both entered Demi's bathroom upstairs, Demi handed me a plastic "test". It was not those tests you take and pass at school. It was more like a card piece on The Game of Life' but as a small plastic stick. The little plastic stick is fate and it tells us where to go and what to do.  It was a pregnancy test. It was positive and so was the second one in the sink.

"Oh. Want to talk about it?" I offered scaredly.

Twenty-nine, a careless boyfriend, and now a father. She's seventeen not even near eighteen and a mother. This wasn't good. If Demi's family knew they'd hate me more. On a side note: I always wanted a family with Demi, my Demetria. Except, she would be older and we'd be together. Not this mess.

This was not so picture-perfect. I don't think this was what she planned either. I think she was writing an album when she was in rehab. Her album was to be called "Unbroken" and the summer concert venues were to kick off soon. I felt bad. I never wanted to put her in this situation.

I mean there are other options. Like abortion and adoption. I was okay with either or. Heck, or even raising the kid on my own or co-parenting.

"I guess. . ." stated Demi.