What happened....?

I want to scream... to let everything out and let Tom know that I'm okay.

I can hear shouting around me, Jake shouting and Tom...

sobbing....

I want to get away from this dark prison I am in. I concentrate on trying to move a finger...

'Come on Bree... wake up... you have to wake up!!!' I scream in my head, trying to push my eyes or lips open...

"T...Tom...." I manage to mumble, opening my eyes a little.

All the arguing, the shouting and sobbing just stops. I hear quick footsteps approaching me and a hand rest on my cheek.

"I'm here darling.... Don't worry, I'm here..." Whispers Tom. I feel his soft lips press against my cheek and the soft patter of tears against my shoulder. I smile and rest my hand on his cheek.

"Don't cry darling, this is my favourite cardigan..." I open my eyes and look at him.

A smirk stretches across his cheek and we both start to giggle, remembering the last time he said those words.

"Bree....." Someone says quietly.

I sit up and look over at Jake. For the first time in what seems like an eternity, he looks worried.

"I....I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to hurt you..." says Jake, taking a step forward.

I take ahold of Tom's hand and take a step back, moving away from Jake.

"Jake.... I know you didn't... but you did it. You hurt me..." I stutter. Tom holds my hand tighter.

I see Jake clench his fist, his jaw tightening again and the anger once again growing.

He opens his mouth and starts to say
"After all I have done for you... I ha-"

I cut him off

"No Jake.. After all you have done TO me..." I stand up straight, letting go of Tom's hand.

"Is that what you think?? You think that I have hurt you.. You have hurt me Bree. You have put me through so much and left me for that excuse of man?? That man who is too afraid to even throw a punch at someone?!?!?" Shouts Jake, pointing towards Tom.

I feel Tom let go of my hand and take a step forward, his fists in a tight ball. I rest my hand on his shoulder and step towards him.

"Tom... leave it..." I say to him.

I look up and glare at Jake, standing side by side with Tom.

"Jake.. I think you should go..."