The British Thing To Do (pt.2)

As we leave the Tea room, I am overwhelmed with so many emotions.. I feel bad that Tom hadn't had time to relax but also scared about what Jake wanted...

"Uh, Tom?" I stop just by the door and look up at him.

"Yes darling???" He says, stopping just in front of me and smiling.

"I've just got to get some stuff so is it okay to meet you at the car??" I glance around before looking back into his eyes and smiling "I will only be a minute or two..."

He runs his fingers through his hair and let's go of my hand.
"Um, sure!! But if you need any help,text me, okay??" I nod and open the door for him.

He hugs me quickly, kissing the top of my head before walking out onto the street and heading back towards the car park.

I let go of the door and head over to the counter, glancing at a sign that reads:

Puddings and Desserts To Go
1 For £3.95
2 for £5
A dozen cupcakes for £19.95

I look at the puddings and ask myself 'What would Tom want??' I spend my time looking at the puddings before I spot something in the corner of the Dessert cabinate. I kneel down to take a closer look..

On a small stand at the back of a cabinate stands a collection of 6 cupcakes. Each of them decorated like An Avenger and right at the top of the stand, in the center, Is a delicately placed Loki Cupcake. It has a little sugar icing cape and hat placed on white butter icing. Tom would love it!!

I smile to myself and stand up straight before ringing the little bell on top of the counter. I short lady turns around from a table in the corner. She is about 55, Short with grey hair and rosy cheeks. She smiles at me and walks over to the counter.

" 'Ello sweetheart!! What can I get ya??" She asks, resting her hand on the counter.

"Um, would I possibly be able to have the Loki cupcake please??" I reply, pointing down to it. She nods and gets out the cupcake, placing it on the counter.

"I guess you want it to go? You were leaving with that fella just a moment ago!!" she says, grabbing a tub full of multi coloured boxes. I nod as she takes out a selection.

"Right, we have every colour apart from pink at the moment and every ribbon you could imagine!!" She gestures to the rainbow of boxes and ribbons on the counter next to her.

I think for a moment about what colour to choose but then I decide to go for the obvious choice.

"Would I be able to have the Dark green box please with a silver bow???" I ask, looking at her and smiling. She smiles back and begins to box the cupcake. I glance down at my phone to see a message from Tom:

Tom: Hello darling, I am just waiting at the car for you. I stopped at a shop to pick up a gift!! I hope you like it :) See you in a little while. Tom x
11:32am

I smile as I read it before hearing a cough in front of me. I look up and see the cupcake neatly wrapped in the box with a delicate silver bow and a tag on top. I get out a pen and quickly scrawl a message on the tag:

Sorry for pulling you away from your pudding! I hope you enjoy this little treat!! Bree xx

I put my pen back in my bag and pass the lady a £5 note. I pick up the box and smile at her.

"Keep the change for yourself love. See it as a little thank you for the service!!" I turn for the door and call out a thank you as I leave.

I walk quickly down the path but it turns into a jog as I reach the carpark. I see a tall figure leant against the front of a black land rover. They have sunglasses on, one hand on the car and the other typing on their phone. I know its Tom because of the sunglasses.

"Sorry I took so long!! I had a tough decision to make!!" I beam as I finally reach him. He looks at me and puts his arm around me.

"I thought I was going to die in this heat!!" He jokes, laughing softly. He kisses my forehead and smiles. I look up at him and present the box to him.

He takes it in one hand and looks at it before back at me, looking a little confuzed yet excited. He turns to the car and rests it on the bonnet before reading the tag.

"Awww love, don't be sorry!! You really didn't have to do this!!" He gasps. He let's go of the tag and unties the ribbon, twirling it around his hand before opening the box. I see a wide smile streach across his face as he takes out the cupcake.

"Oh darling!! its wonderful!! you really didn't have to get me anything!!"

He puts his arm around me again and hugs me, planting a kiss on my cheek. I start to blush but to cover it up, I step towards the car door.

"Shall we go?? You must be exhausted from all the driving and you deserve a cup of tea!!" I say, opening the car door. Tom smiles at me before putting the cupcake back in the box and heading for his door.

I get inside the car and put on my seatbelt before renting my head against the cool window. I hear Tom get in and start the engine. As soon as I hear the engine start, I put down the window and put my arm on the door.

I can't help but think about what Jake will say when I get home, worried about what he will say to Tom...