Bon Appetite!

We continued the day as normal, drinking tea, watching TV and talking about silly childhood memories. It turns out me and Tom have a lot of things in common..

We both have a passion for Shakespeare, we both drink way too much tea and we both would rather spend a day reading books than going out with friends.

As it approached 8pm, Tom suggested that he cook us both something to eat. I wasn't going to say no but I felt bad that he was offering to do all these things for me.

----------------------------------

"Bree!! Where do you keep the tomato puree??" He calls from the kitchen. I put my magazine down and get off of the couch, walking towards the kitchen.

I push open the door and see Tom on his knees, searching deep in one of the cupboards. I giggle and walk over to him, before sitting on his back.

"Well, to start, you are looking in the wrong cupboard..." I say, looking down at him.

He turns his head and smiles at me before starting to stand up. I jump up and offer him my hand. He takes it and stands up, pushing the cupboard shut.
I skip actions the kitchen and open a cupboard, kneeling down. I push aside a few bottles and jars and reach to the back of the cupboard.

"Got it!!" I shout, grabbing a tube and pulling it out, holding it above my head. I hear a chuckle from behind me and feel the tube being lifted from my hands.

I stand up and push the cupboard shut with my foot. Tom is already back at the stove, adding the puree to a pot. I tiptoe over and peer over his shoulder, taking in the gorgeous aroma.

"Mmm... smells good..." I whisper, resting my chin on his shoulder. He let's out a breathly laugh as he stirs the food.

"Its almost ready, if you would like to sit at the table please, madam" I says, smiling at me. I nod and walk over to the table.

There is a candle in the center and a plate either side. The cutlery is laid out with garlic bread placed on a little plate next to each of the knives. Smiling, I sit down on my chair, looking at everything.

Tom walks over with a bowl of spaghetti and places it on the table. This is shortly followed by a pot of bolognase and a bottle of wine. I smile at him as he serves us both a large portion. He sits down opposite me and before he starts to eat, he takes out his phone and takes a few pictures.

"Tom, It looks lovely!! You didn't have to go to too much fuss..." I say as I take a mouthful of my meal.

"Bree, its the least I could do! Now, Bon Appetite!!" Laughs Tom as he takes a large bite of pasta.

We continue to eat our meal, complimenting each other and asking each other questions. After the meal has finished and we had each had some wine, we cleared the plates and went through to the sitting room and watched a film.

I feel at peace with Tom around...

I have my feet up on the sofa and my head resting on his lap. He softly runs his fingers through my hair, untangling all the knots as we watch the film. As the credits roll, he taps my shoulder.

"Darling, I think we should go up to bed..." He whispers in my ear before kissing my cheek. I smile and, half asleep, sit up. I can only just see him through the dim light of the sitting room as he stands up and turns the TV off.

I stand up and he takes my hand, and picks up his bag before walking out of the room. We wonder up the stairs and I show him to his room.

"Thank you for dinner, it was truly wonderful" I say to him as he pushes open the door. He let's out a chuckle and puts the bag down, turning to face me.

"Its my pleasure, Bree" He says, smiling. "I wish you a good nights sleep, and I will see you in the morning."

He leans forwards and kisses my cheek. I kiss his back softly and smile at him before he closes the bedroom door. I walk down the hall and into the spare room, turning on the light.

The room is full if books and papers, which I push aside, making more room.

I get undressed and pull on a pair of shorts and a baggy shirt before climbing underneath the covers and switching off the lamp beside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooooh!!! What's gonna happen next?!?! O.o

I have decided to start writing longer chapters now because I am already at 20 and I kinda want to finish this one at 40...

anyway, enjoy the rest of the story!! :D

Bina
xxxxx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~