With this in mind, she was relieved to reach the pastel door of her mother's office. The moment her mother held the door open for her, she walked through, refusing to cast a glance at the flies swarming the hallway. Dez heard the door close behind her, indicating that her mother was now in the room as well. This didn't concern Dez too much, for her attention was now on the woman in front of her.

Standing at a height of about five feet and six inches, she was shorter than Dez's mother; however, she bore just as much authority. Like Chance stated, she was probably one of the head members of her mother's staff. Dez couldn't refer to her as a fly, though, due to her attire. No notes of pink covered her. In place of a fly's attire, she wore a long grey coat, which almost reached her ankles. Likewise, a grey ruffled blouse went over her torso, and grey skinny jeans hugged her legs. Lastly, a pair of over-the-knee grey boots protected her feet. This woman, no doubt, liked the color grey just as much as Dez's mother did.

Regarding her characteristics, she had short auburn hair, which hung just past her ears. As for her eyes, they were of a hazel hue. Just glancing at her eyes, Dez understood further why she couldn't consider this woman to be a fly. For in the presence of Dez's mother, this woman showed no nauseating admiration but looked at Dez's mother with the eyes of an equal. Soon, though, her mother stepped further into the room, past Dez, and extended out her right arm to the woman.

"Deziree, this is Ms. Waters. While you're eating your breakfast, she will ask you a few questions."

Glancing between the two women, Dez just nodded her head in response. It was a typical gesture of hers, but in reality she wanted to ask Keri or Ms. Waters over a dozen questions. She desired to bring the two women out into the open and unveil whatever they had in store. This inner urge had to be suppressed, for if it wasn't, she would never be able to reach the sublevel. Probably, she would be cornered and suffer the consequences. Her wish to understand the meanings hidden within her home and to venture into the outside world would never happen. They would most likely be snuffed out in less than a minute.

"Ah, I see your mother was right about you being quiet," Ms. Waters stated in a friendly voice, her beaming eyes attempting to add to her amiable appearance.

It was obvious to Dez that the woman was faking the smile, which now stretched across her lips. Her cordial personality was merely a lure to get Dez's trust. Dez knew better, though. She understood that the questions weren't just a casual exchange of words between two individuals. No, they were part of some exam, which was tied to the mysteries of her home. Thus, Dez only made a small murmur of agreement. Right now, she just had to play their game and pretend like she hadn't heard their conversation last night.

"Well, I'm sure I'll have you talking in no time," she added, continuing on with her cheery act.

Shrugging her shoulders, Dez headed over to the breakfast tray, which was on her mother's desk. She pulled up one of the office chairs and scanned over the food. Ms. Waters proceeded to keep up her warm smile before sitting in Dez's mother's chair. As for Dez's mother, she leaned her back against one of the nearby bookshelves.

"What did you want to ask me?" Dez inquired, picking up one of the green grapes from the tray and popping it into her mouth.