Ch. 19: Attack!

Hey guys. Here's another chapter for you. I plan on putting up as many chapters as I get written, so if I write two chapters, you'll get both chapters the same day. You would've gotten this chapter at the same time as the other, but I had a friend of my check it over because there was a scene that I wasn't really sure about, but now you get it.

Well, enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ch. 19: Attack!

It had been two weeks since Kiba and Kurenai brought home Takeshi and Tamiko, and Shikamaru and Temari decided that it was finally time to go visit them and meet the two new additions to the village.

"Shikamaru, move your lazy butt!" Temari yelled from the front door.

"Troublesome woman. You know I can't move very fast with this kid," Shikamaru said.

Temari rolled her eyes and knelt down.

Shikamaru smirked. "A simple apology would've been fine."

Temari glared at him as she grabbed his sandal. "I should make you walk barefoot."

Shikamaru just smiled at her and placed his hand on the wall so he didn't fall over when he lifted his foot.

After Temari got the sandals on him, they headed out and over to the Inuzuka's house.

It took a minute for someone to answer, but they finally saw Kiba open the door, but they didn't expect to see him in the state he was in. His hair was ruffled more than normal and he had dark circles under his eyes. It also looked like he had something caked onto the front of his shirt that didn't really smell the best.

"What happened to you?" Temari asked.

"Takeshi and Tamiko happened," Kiba said. "I haven't had a decent night's sleep since they got home."

"What a drag," Shikamaru said knowing that it would soon be them in the same state in about a month.

"Yeah, it's been a nightmare," Kiba agreed. "Who knew babies like to stay up all hours of the night."

"Can we see the two little nightmares?" Temari asked.

"Well, they're asleep right now, but if you want to stay and wait you can," Kiba said. "Just don't wake them up."

Shikamaru and Temari nodded and walked in. They followed Kiba to the living room where Kurenai was reading Inside Your Child's Mind.

"Good read?" Temari asked as she walked over to the couch and sat down next to Kurenai.

Shikamaru carefully eased himself into the recliner that was next to the couch, holding his stomach and grunting as he pretty much fell the last few inches into the chair.

"Yeah," Kurenai replied as she closed the book and sat it on the coffee table in front of the couch. "I actually started reading it after I found out I was pregnant, but I didn't' really believe half the stuff it said, so I didn't finish it."

"So did it know what it was talking about?" Temari asked.

"Yes and no," Kurenai said. "There's a couple things that have helped, but others that are just ridiculous."

"Yeah, like when it says it's ok to leave a crying kid in a room alone. It only makes them scream louder," Kiba said as he sat down next to his wife.

"Kiba, they were burning up when I checked on them," Kurenai said a little aggravated at the memory.

"Well, jeez, Kiba. You're not supposed to try and kill your kids," Temari said.