Scene Thirty-Two

"Do we know each other?" Caleb asked, his hand still suspended in the air between them.  His eyebrow was cocked and mouth tight. 

Maisie shook her head.  "No, sorry.  You look familiar, that's all."  She shook his hand quickly, turning her face away in an attempt to hide the deep red blush spreading across her cheeks.  The tips of her ears were hot and all she wanted was to go back to the hotel and burrow under the covers of the soft, king-size bed.

The TryGuys needed to film a few more lines of script, so Maisie excused herself to Caleb and grabbed Talia's elbow.  "Over here," she hissed at her friend.

"What's wrong with you?" Talia whispered once they were out of the camera's range and had turned off their microphones.

"Him?  That guy?  He was completely rude to me in the elevator at the hotel."

"What? When?"

"You were still getting ready and I went down to get the cab.  I offered to help with his kids and he basically scoffed at me."

Talia laughed.  "We're in New York.  Would you let some random stranger help you with your kids?"

Maisie shrugged.  "I wouldn't make them feel only an inch tall when rejecting their help."

"Give the poor guy a chance.  He's really cute."

"And that's the only thing that matters."  Maisie rolled her eyes, but when she was finished expressing her disdain, she looked in Caleb's direction.  He was attractive.  And it was just one night.  And she did really want to see Hamilton.  What harm could it do to see the date out?