Chapter 1- intro

*Royce in media*

RAYLYN
Hard to believe this is what my life has come to. I was so happy 2 years ago, I had a few close friends, my family was in a good place and money wasn't and issue. That's until my mom and dad went out one night and never came back.

The bastards we call police officers claim they were sitting outside of a food truck when two groups of people started arguing and eventually started shooting. I'm not stupid so I know dam well that's not what happened.

My parents left me and my younger brother with my grandma and left me in charge of their money. My grandmother however, died 2 months after my parents were murdered. She had cancer and refused medical care, all I have now is my brother.

I'm focused on raising Royce, my younger brother . He was only 13 when they died so I have to turn him into a well mannered young man that my parents would be proud of. Royce is now a Lil 15 year old "pimp".

He has a light, almost yellow complexion, light brown eyes, medium sized pink lips to match his perfect white teeth and dark brown curly hair. These lil fast ass  girls be goin butt ass wild for him. I can't even be mad though, it runs in the family.

"Ro, why it say you didn't turn in a homework assignment that was due Tuesday?!" I yell . He already knows that don't slide with me. My parents always demanded good grades from both my brother and I, and now that they are gone I refuse to start slacking.

"Man why do I have to go to school when we have money? We set so I don't need a job." he stated calmly.

It's took everything out of me not to get up and slap the chapstick off his lips. He doesn't understand why getting an education is important. These past few years he's been dressed in the nicest of the nicest and has always got what he wanted. He never once saw me work for it so I understand why he thinks the way he does but reality is, we only have a year left before funds start to run dry."Boy shut up, this ain't nothing new, now answer my dam question and quit playing with me Ro!"I say, slowly getting mad.

He sighs the says "Man I didn't understand it. She sit there and read exactly what's in our book, hell I can do that I need somebody who will explain this shit to me."

"That's all you had to say, bring it here and let me call Aubrey to see if she can help you". Aubrey is my unrelated sister. Me and that girl been through thick and thin and ain't never had a fight about anything. We just click like that.

I pick up my phone to hit her up.*ring ring ri-* "wassup boo!?" She yelled all enthusiastic and shit. "Hey booski, you think you can help Ro with his homework? " I asked.

"Why you couldn't just ask me to come spend the night? You know you the fucking Albert Einstein of math!" She joked being sarcastic. Ever since 7th grade I have had nothing but A's in math, but when my parents died I stopped focusing on school so I don't know much about algebra.

"So is that a yes orrr...." I dragged. "It's a duhh, I'll be over in a few." she said seriously. "Alright lil girl" I hung up.

20 minutes later she was at my door with 2 duffle bags. "Girl it's only one night, the hell you got 2 big ass bags for?" I laughed.

"One is clothes and one is my job" she walked in with a serious face. "Huh?" I said with a dumb tone. "Girl how you think I'm driving a fully loaded car and got the newest of everything? I provide for myself " she smirked as she opened the bag.