00; prologue

December 04, 2014 | 13:34
The Library at Fourth Street

Chanyeol was confused.

He is sitting beside Yixing, a picture book in hand because he isn't much of a fan of reading novels. He's accompanying Yixing who is researching about planes for no particular reason.

Now, you may ask, why is Park Chanyeol confused?

It's because from a few tables away from him, someone is crying, now giggling a few moments later, with a book in hand. He didn't pay much attention until he noticed how adorable the boy is. He had bright eyes and a completely addicting smile. He stared in awe.

"Nice picture you have there." Yixing stated, bringing Chanyeol back to his senses. He then looked at the page opened, a picture of a car crash.

He let out a chuckle. "Hyung, I know, right?"

"I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the boy you've been staring at."

"Oh yeah, I kn—what?"

"It was pretty obvious, Yeol. You almost got a drool." Yixing shrugged, "Are you going to ask him out?" He asked.

Chanyeol was startled. "What? No, hyung!"

"Well, if you're going to, the best way to his heart is go and read the book he's reading, I'll wait for your wedding invitation!" Yixing exclaimed enthusiastically, earning an angry "Shh!" from the librarian.

He finished the book and returned it to the shelf, leaving Chanyeol dumbfounded. "Are you planning on going yet?"

Chanyeol quickly looked at the boy once again, checking what book he's been reading. Looking for Alaska by John Green, he noted.

"Yeah, let's go!" He got up and returned the book, leaving the library with his friend.

And little did Park Chanyeol knew, he will fall, hard.

Author's Note:
Hello! This is actually my first EXO fanfiction. I've known them for years and it just took me now to stan them. But I've been a ChanBaek trash ever since though. ;)))) This story is also loosely based on a letter named To the girl at the back of the library. I'm not sure if that is the real title because I've read it a year back. The photo is in the top part.
Anyway, I will really appreciate your nice feedback. It helps me a lot!

Dedicated to chanbaek-ed, who inspired me and most probably the reason why I'm here, writing this. :D

library at fourth street • chanbaek au
june 04, 2017 — july 22, 2017