Chapter 3: Peasant?!

I woke up to a fresh start; a brand new day with birds chirping and the sun shining from my window sill. I would think that Lady Luck has finally shown mercy to me, but it seems she still likes to mess around with me.

Unfortunately, I did not wake up to a fresh start, I woke up with a bucket of ice water splashed on me by my brother. Although it may seem he looks shy and cute, he is NOT, I repeat he is NOT a shy and sweet boy. He is a very mischievous imp who likes to wake me with cold showers unless on special occasions like when father comes home. He giggled and ran away while I shivered from the cold water. So that pretty much sums up my morning as I walked to school.

I walked through the dull hallways while I read one of my books, though it seems I saw a familiar red-haired person at the corner of my eye. 'Wait, is it just my imagination or do I see him running towards me? Iya ya that's probably my imagination' I looked away for a moment then looked back to see him still running as our distance began to close rapidly, I realized the situation too late as I tried to run away from him and had accidentally bumped into another person.

"I-I'm so sorry!" I held my hand outward. "Akagi-san, I finally caught up to you!" While the annoying red-haired guy chirped happily beside me.

"It's fine Akagi-san. I was trying to find and talk to you anyway." The person who fell seems to be Asano-san, who I'm trying to avoid right now because I can hear a soda can being crushed right behind me. I broke out into cold sweat as I felt a piercing gaze and a dark aura that is directed at me as I tried my best to not look back.

"Oh? But Asano-san I'm the one who found her first, and I think I have the privilege to talk to her first." Karma grabbed my hand while he tried to lead me away from Asano-san.

"Your talk can wait, I need to ask her opinion on a crucial and relevant question unlike yours." He retorted back.

"Uhh, Akabane-san don't worry it's just going to be a quick question." I smiled while he clicked his tongue and waited at the nearby corner.

"Good thing that the peasant is finally gone." He smirked.

"P-peasant?! Now isn't that a bit rude Asano-sa一."

"Now back to the topic. I'm asking you again, will you join the student council?"

"Once again Asano-san, I don't want to join!" I grit my teeth as I stood my ground against him.

"Fine, be that way Akagi-san, but you will regret not joining the student council." He walked away angrily as students made a path for him.

"I like you Akagi-san!" I looked back to see Akabane grinning widely. "His face was hilarious! He looked like he was about to throw a tantrum!" He laughed. I smiled slightly as I looked at his red teary-eyed face.

"So what do you want to talk to me about?" He stopped laughing and looked at me. "I just want to show you something during lunch!"

"Sure, I'll meet you behind the main building at lunch." I smiled and walked to my classroom. Time passed, and soon I was already waiting behind the building, 'He is 5 minutes late! When will he come?!' I was about to leave thinking that it was all a prank until he appeared right in front of me. Literally. Right in front of me. I shrieked and took a step back as I clutched my chest to calm my heart. He laughed as I whacked his head repeatedly with a paper fan.

"That hurts Akagi-san~" He then grabbed the paper fan. "Come on, let's go."

"Wait. Go where?" He grabbed my hand as we ran to the hill that harbors the Class E's classroom. We stopped, for a minute to catch our breath, until a hand covered my eyes, leaving me blind.

"A-Akabane-san?! What are you doing?"

"Just trust me Akagi-chan! Don't worry I'm not going to do anything to you~" He guided me to another place by holding my hand. We stopped and I would surmise that we have arrived at that place.

"Are you ready?"

"Just take your hand off, please" He removed his hand to reveal a beautiful scenery of the whole campus as sakura petals fell to the ground around us.

"A-Akabane-san I-I don't know what to say." I blushed slightly. "But, thank you for showing me this. I never knew that there was a place like this." I smiled at him widely to find him blushing.

"Just call me Karma from now on." He beamed.