Trying.

Kian's car was parked in the driveway when I got home, causing me to shake slightly with fear. I wasn't afraid of him or what he could do, I was just afraid this was going to turn into a fight. I can't fight with him anymore.

Sighing, I turned the car off and got out. I left the bags in the car, just getting Ashlyn out of the car seat. She yawned and began to fuss, I couldn't blame her though. She was exhausted. She hadn't slept in her own bed, or even seen the warm Cali sun in a week.

I opened the door, revealing kian sitting on the couch. He stood up, clearly angry and walked over to me. I held my hand up to him and shook my head. "Let me put her to sleep. And then we can talk." He sighed and stepped out of my way. I made my way upstairs and walked into her room, changing her diaper and putting her into new Jammie's before laying her down and turning on the sound maker.
"Goodnight sweetheart." I cooed, kissing her forehead before walking back downstairs.

Kian was standing in the kitchen, drinking a water bottle and staring at nothing in particular.
I sat down on the counter next where he was standing.

"Alright, go ahead." I sighed, putting my hands into my pockets.

"I was scared, Lex. I thought something happened to you guys. You can't just leave me like that." My eyes widened in shock.

"I can't just leave you like that?" I asked baffled.
"You said you were done. I had to get away. It was too fucking much for me."

"That's bullshit, you know I didn't mean it." He tried to defend himself.

"No Kian, no more of this. No more 'I didn't mean it'. I'm done with you acting this way. How many times have you walked out on me now? Too many. We have a child! A beautiful baby girl who you never wanted to begin with. You treat me like shit and I will no longer put up with it. I can't." I did it. I finally stood up for myself. I know my mom is so proud of me right now. I just hope he says the right thing.

"Honesty, when you told me you were pregnant I didn't want her at all. But it grew on me. And when I watched her take her first breath, and bat her little eyes at me. When I held the life I created for the first time, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. I wanted so badly to be there for her. For you. I fell in love with you Alex. From watching our daughter grow inside you, late night snacks, the way you hide in my side when we watch scary movies, how your lip quivers when you cry, just like Ashlyn's does. How you can't keep a straight face. Those little things made me fall head over heels for you and I've fucked it up. And do you want to know why? Because I love you so damn much It scares me. I've never loved someone to the point it overwhelms me and that exactly what I feel with you. And now Ashlyn? It's so fucking much. But I can't imagine losing you. There's nothing I want more than to be her father and to one day be your husband. I can't lose you." He was now crying and I was too. Hot tears were spilling down my cheeks as he threw this heartfelt confession at me. Causing my lip to quiver and my hands to shake.

He looked at me with such fear it made me concerned. He gently brought his hands up to my face, cupping my cheeks and wiping my tears with his thumbs.

"Come here." He whispered, pulling me into his arms. I slid off the counter and fell into his embrace.

"I love you so much Kian. I'm just not sure if I can forgive you. I can't go through it again. I don't have any fight left in me." I said, my voice steady.

"Then don't fight. Let me prove to you it's the right thing. Give me one week. We can work this out." He asked, looking me in the eyes.

"One week. But you're sleeping on the couch." I warned.

"I love you." He whispered, pulling me back into a hug.

"Then show me you do."

_______

IM SORRY ITS SO SHORT OMG. the week is going to be updated with one day at a time hopefully each day for the next week. I'm gonna try super hard. I hope y'all are liking this!
Do you think he deserves to be forgiven? Do you think a week is enough time to make it up to her? Let me know! I love y'all's feedback soooo much.