“When he wakes up, I’ll explain it to him.”

Kane was not satisfied with her answer. “Do you think a misunderstanding like that can easily be cleared up?” He shook his head in incredulity. “Even if the bone you’re picking is with Logan, you’re going to get Heath involved and cause even more misunderstandings.”

Claire sighed to herself as Kane continued to lecture her. He was completely right, but Claire needed her revenge against Logan. Yes, he was like a father to her, but the moment he decided to meddle with her personal relationships, he took it too far. Even her real father hadn’t gotten involved with her boyfriends. After all, he learned his lesson already from Simon and Mai.

“Wait a minute.” Kane stopped to take a breather and Claire looked up at him curiously. “You said Logan was causing misunderstandings between you and Heath. How exactly did he do that?”

If she answered that, she would have to mention Julia, so Claire said, “You know what? I don’t think we’ll be needing you, Kane.”

“Yeah.” Tori joined in after she sat upright in her chair. “Especially since you’re acting like some righteous woman who’s going to warn a wife that her husband is cheating on her. We don’t need uptight people like you who likes to ruin fun.”

This time, Kane turned to Tori with a glare and acknowledged her. “Tori. Shut it.” She immaturely grinned at him, glad that he finally reacted to her. But he quickly dismissed her again and glared at Claire. “Don’t do it, Claire. I’m warning you.”

She raised a challenging eyebrow at him. “Or what?”

Right at the moment that he opened his mouth, there was a call from her desk phone. Claire blinked at the ruined mood before she quickly answered without bothering to look at the caller ID.

“Hello?”

“Uh, Claire?” It was a receptionist. “There’s a bit of a problem in the daycare.”

She sighed. “Is it Clay?”

“No.” she said, surprising Claire. “It’s…the new employee.”

Wyatt? “I’m coming right now.” She hung up the phone and got up from her chair.

“Where are you going?” Both the siblings asked simultaneously.

“Business. Don’t move! I’ll be right back.” Then Claire shut her office door behind her and made her way to the first floor. When she walked through the lobby, she could already hear that there was a commotion in the daycare. She quickened up her pace and entered to see that an older man was shouting at Wyatt in front of all the children.

Elli and Jenny were with the kids, trying to comfort them from all the shouting happening in the room.

“I told you to be at the meet today! I told you a hundred times before today, and what do you do? You act as if it has absolutely nothing to do with you!” the older man shouted.