“Fine, fine. I’ll be quiet.” Tori said, but like Claire predicted, a minute later, she opened her mouth again. “What is it about Heath do you like anyway?” Claire’s pen stopped moving and she looked up at her friend. She was sitting sideways on her chair with her feet hanging off the arm and resting on the cushion of the chair beside it. “He seems like a really plain guy.”

Claire couldn’t help but smile at her comment. “You know I don’t like fancy things.”

Tori chuckled. “Because men are included in your list of ‘things.’ Right.”

“You’re no better.” Claire said before she signed her name on the paper. “What about you? Have you found your right guy yet?”

“How can I find him if my dad keeps on tossing all the wrong ones at me on a daily basis?” Tori sighed heavily. “When your boyfriend problems are over, why don’t you help me with mine? You can help me distract my dad since I’m helping you distract yours.”

The word made Claire raise an eyebrow. “Logan isn’t my dad.”

“Dad, dad-in-law. Same thing.” Tori waved her hand dismissively. “Might as well just say it now.”

“Yeah, well, I’m not exactly happy about having a twisted dad.”

“At least yours isn’t related by blood to you like mine is to me.”

There was suddenly a light knock at the door and both Claire and Tori turned to look at it. “Come in.” Claire called, and the door opened, revealing Kane.

Tori grinned. “Hey Kane!”

“What are you doing here?” Claire asked with confusion. It was the afternoon. Usually, Kane would have business to attend to in the middle of the day.

“Well, you guys called me yesterday, but I was too busy to come over. So I made time today and came. Now, what exactly did you two want?” he asked as he went to sit in the chair beside Tori’s. He lifted her feet and sat down before he let them rest on his lap once more.

Tori grinned at her brother. “We want you to help Claire cheat on Heath.”

To Claire’s surprise, Kane didn’t look amused at the plan. His face went blank before he stared at Claire with narrowed eyes. “What?”

Tori noticed her brother’s grim tone and she placed her bare foot on the side of his face. “We’re joking. Geez. Don’t look so serious. You’re ruining the mood.”

“It didn’t sound like you two were joking. What the hell are you talking about?” Then Kane shoved Tori’s foot off of his face. “And get your disgusting foot off my face.”

She gasped dramatically. “What are you talking about? My feet are perfectly clean!”