Introduction

Introduction

“Okay ladies, So I’m Going to be holding a little contest for you!” I can just about hear myself say over the screams. “The first 50 girls to answer this question will be put in a hat to win a personalized signed copy of this poster.” I say turning to the board behind me as the girls scream. 

Truthfully, I didn’t think this photo was that great but they voted and seem to love it. So I’ll just let them get on with it.

“This competition will open at 6 o’clock tomorrow evening. And may the odds be ever in your favour” I laugh, repeating the most famous line from my previous movie and the all go wild. “Goodnight girls” I smile. Fleeing from the stage in haste.

As much as I loved my management company and as much as I wanted to find someone I did not think this would be the way we went about it… ATALL 

I wanted to find love on my own, not to have it forced upon me by them this way. I mean seriously I do not understand how this is going to help. 

But it’ll help my acting career, they promise.

Because my management feel that no matter how good an actor I am. Nothing is better practice then real life. 

Or so they think.

The results-

“Okay first one Josh, you ready” My manager says standing in front of me with a large fish bowl, full of names of the girls 10 of which I will be inevitably spying on for the next month. 

I gulp slightly, Nervous as this suddenly reminds me of filming the hunger games with Jennifer. I find myself spacing out remembering her and all the fun we had on set, although I wasn’t amused when she kicked me in the head! I suddenly start chuckling to myself and looking forward to filming Catching fire in the coming months. Allowing me more time to spend with the girl on fire! 

“Josh?” I’m suddenly bought back into reality as my mum and manager stand beside me anticipating the results from the bowl. I don’t understand why my mum so keen on all this?

Maybe she’s hoping I’ll be able to find someone else to do my laundry for me, or to look after me in general.

Whatever the reason, I don’t think I’ve ever seen her look this excited and worried at the same time before.

“Okay” I mumble sticking my hand in the bowl and pulling out the first name my fingers come into contact with. 

“Aimee Hamilton” I say looking down at her picture. 

She was a petite blonde with gorgeous blue eyes. The picture itself doesn’t give much away, but I was already drawn into her. I handed the picture over to my mum, who smiled and wrote down the address on one of the packages. 

Aimee’s P.o.v

The night of the contest I sat beside Elle, Our laptops beside each other and at exactly 6 o’clock entered that competition. As I sucked in my breath and crossed my fingers, I found Elle laughing at me as she always did when I was being childish so to speak. “Common Aimz we’ve got what? One in a million chance of being in the first 50?” She laughs “and even then we get drawn out of a bowl.” 

I scowl at her; she didn’t understand how much I wanted that poster? She didn’t understand my slight obsession with him full stop. But she was my best friend and was only entering to better my chances of winning. “Thank you, for entering too” I smile now and pull her into a hug as she tries to pull away. That girl does not do intimacy very well! 

---------------------------------------------------------

 “Holly Stone” 

“Imogen Thomas”

“India Evans”

“Taylor brock”

“Elisa Yates”

“Faye Rivers”

“Jodie Matthews” 

“Devon Leake”

“Leah Anderson” 

Finally after all 10 girls are picked and the posters ready to be sent I relax back into the chair. 

“Right, and for you mothers and my enjoyment, were going to pick one girl each who we think you’ll end up with” my manager laughs and I look at him puzzled. “Are you seriously making a game of this?” I ask, slight anger in my voice. 

“These 10 girls, have no idea what their letting themselves in for, and your basically taking bets for last one standing based on looks alone!” I huff, storming out of the room my own leaflet off the girls still in hand. 

I can’t believe I’m doing this? 

Why am I doing this?

 This isn’t fair? 

Surely these young women don’t want to be spied on, even by me?

Although guilt is over riding my body at the moment, I find myself flicking through the leaflet. I always thought that if I met the person I was to fall in love with I know straight away. 

Like love at first sight. 

But although these girls were beautiful, I couldn’t shake the one girl who from day one had been permanently on my mind.