epilogue two: his favorite

daniel walked back into the cafe that he'd been coming to ever since the dream.

he'd now been labeled as the crazy dreamer.

and he couldn't deny it because it was true.

"the normal?" the cashier, louise, asked.

dan nodded and sat down at a table facing the counter, watching her make his green tea.

she gave him the hot drink and a small slice of lemon cake.

daniel choked back tears, before taking a small bite.

"so," louise, sat down with him. "has he come back yet?"

he raised an eyebrow."what do you think?"

she gave him a small smile, gently rubbing his arm. "one day."

"one day." daniel muttered, resting his head on the table. "one day my prince fucking charming will come back, save me from this burning fucking castle, and we'll happily ever fucking after."

"dan-"

"and so what if he does eventually come back, so what louise? it's a dream, it's all in my head, phil isn't real. he'll never be real. what we had will never be fucking real."

louise sighed at his words, going back behind the counter to get him another slice of cake, when the bell at the front door signified another guest coming in.

"this has to be the right place." the person mumbled, but it was loud enough for dan to hear.

the voice sent shivers through his body.

"hi, can i have a small black coffee and a blueberry muffin." the man smiled sadly. "i actually hate black coffee but it...reminds me of someone."

a black coffee and a blueberry muffin.

no, it couldn't be.

louise fumbled around to create his order, paralyzed with shock. she shoved the food and drink in his hand, and mumbled, "it's on the house tonight. e-enjoy."

the man gave her a confused smile, sitting on the other side of the cafe, quickly finishing his coffee, and cringing with every sip. he started to nibble at the muffin, but quickly put it away in the paper bag louise gave him, before getting up to exit the building.

"thank you ma'am, have a good evening."

"you too."

dan was too scared to turn his head up and see him.

there was no way.

phil didn't exist!

just as the man was left, he mustered up the courage to look for a split second.

and,

he glanced over at louise, who had a huge grin plastered to her face. "that's him, isn't it?"

"should i go after him?"

"are you fucking stupid?! of course! go, before he gets too far, go now daniel!"

he smiled at her, before jumping up from his seat, and running out of the door, into the busy streets of london.

he anxiously started to look around, and spotted him already across the street, and headed for the underground trains.

"phil!!"

he didn't hear him.

without hesitation, dan ran into the busy road, receiving a few angry car horns.

he jumped down the stairs he'd seen phil go down, and searched for him again, within the sea of people.

dan was usually polite and shy, and wouldn't dare get in someone's way without saying "excuse me," but in this moment, he didn't give a single fuck about anyone except for phil.

he didn't want to lose him again.

dan pushed and knocked over so many people, ignoring their annoyed scowls. he ran up and down the station, when he saw him again.

he was about to step onto a boarding train, when dan screamed at the top of his lungs, "PHIL!"

he quickly whipped around at the name, and immediately spotted daniel.

he stared at him for a second, before realization hit him. phil ran towards dan, also not caring who he was pushing over whilst doing so.

they embraced each other in the middle of the subway, unaware of the strange looks people were giving them.

they hugged in silence for awhile when phil spoke up. "i missed you bear."

dan laughed at the old nickname. "i missed you too. i missed you so much phil." he rested his head on his chest, and closed his eyes. "i thought i'd never see you again."

phil noticed him starting to tear up, so gently lifted his chin up, so dan was staring straight at him. "hey, don't cry, i'm here now. and i'm never going to hurt you again, everything's gonna be okay."

"i'm sorry phil, i should've never left you."

"it's alright, and you know what bear? it's not a dream this time."

daniel looked up at phil with an ecstatic smile growing on his face, before pulling the man in for a long awaited kiss.

-

I know this ending is a bit confusing, basically it was two people suffering from the same dreams so when they saw each other in real life they freaked the fuck out and were like, "omg you're not just an imaginary person who haunts my consciousness you're real life is great :')))"

it's obviously not very realistic but is anything I write realistic?