SIXTEEN | REAL LIFE

A C T
[ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ]

━━━━━━━
I'm really sorry about the potentials mistakes here!
━━━━━━━

Richard was really worried about Jace. Since those pictures have become viral, she hadn't answer to anyone. He was wondering what was happening in her life and how she was feeling. The boy wasn't shocked about the pictures, he thought even if it was an attempt to her privacy, she was beautiful on it. But as a boy he shouldn't tell her, it could hurt more than comfort her. Richard asked Lindsey, with who she was getting on really well, and he wasn't surprised when she told him Jace talked to her. Surely the fact that he was a boy changed everything. But he didn't want that, he didn't want her to feel awkward because he saw that kind of pictures of her. So he did the first thing that came to his mind; he went to her flat the day after the pictures have been posted.

Of course it was her stupid ex boyfriend. Richard wanted him dead right now; this guy was totally nuts.

Waiting in front of her door, he hesitated before pressing the bell ring. He waited patiently a few seconds before the door opened and revealed Jace with a tired face and red eyes. His eyes turned darker when he saw her like this; he hated Miles Andrew more and more every minutes.

-Hi Jacy. I... Wanted to take some news.

She nodded and let him enter in her flat. When the door shut, he followed her in the living room where she sat on the couch.

-I'm sorry for not responding to you messages Richard... I... Felt so ashamed. And I still feeling this way, she mumbled the end of her phrase.

The boy frowned and sat by her side, sliding closer to her.

-No! You don't have to! I'm the last person on the earth that will judge you, you know that. This guy is an asshole. You did the right thing mediatizing the end of your relationship.

She wasn't looking at him, just like if she was avoiding his eyes. The girl sight and nervously licked her lips without saying anything.

-Jace, you know what? Miles is so dumb. If he wanted you to feel ashamed then he shouldn't have used that kind of pictures. He should have chose worse than that.

Jace finally looked at him, her eyes wild open. A light turned on into her pupils; something like... hope. She nodded again and smiled; it surprised Richard to saw this shy smile on her face. Her eyes weren't red anymore.

-Thank you Richard. It means the world to me hearing you saying that.

He nodded, sensitively.

-You're welcome. It's natural and honest. What about forgetting all of that and watching a show to change your mind?

-Oh my god. Don't tell me you brought Sponge Bob.

He laughed, smirking.

-You know me well sweetheart but not well enough. I heard you liked Big Bang Theory.

She jumped on her legs, smiling so hard that Richard couldn't help but looking at her pretty and pure face. Even without her usual makeup she was beautiful.

-I swear you're the best.

-I know, right?

She laughed and went to the kitchen to serve them something to drink. When she came back with a bottle of alcohol, the boy nodded while chuckling.

-That's the Jacy Jay I know. Guess who commanded two pizza?

-Richard Harmon, will you mary me? she said while jumping on the couch and giving him the glass, laughing her head off.

Jace was so grateful and happy. She didn't deserve a friend like Richard, he was the nicest. The show started and she just covered them both with a blanket. Her head laid on his chest, his arm was around her body, everything seemed absolutely perfect. And when the pizza arrived; it was officially perfect. Jace gently kissed Richard's cheek, making him blush a little bit.

-You know what?

He looked down at her, raising his eyebrows.

-Huh?

-Boys suck.

-Ew, thank you?

She laughed, playing with his fingers.

-But you obviously don't. You're not a normal boy. You're a Richard.

He laughed too, rubbing his thumb on the top of her hand, watching her relaxed face concentrated on the show.

-I'm pretty happy to be a Richard then.

She get closer to him, taking his arm to put it around her waist. They stayed in this comfortable position for more than an hour, cuddling, talking about some stuffs, laughing and crying at the same time.

For the first time, Richard felt the strange sensation of the butterflies in his stomach. He started doubting about a lot of things, like... About his own feelings. But he let it go, enjoying that perfect moment with Jace Reese.

Note: I hope you liked this first Real Life chapter! I ship my babies so much 💕