29. Glasgow, Scotland

|Vienna|

The band was signing autographs outside of the venue as I wandered the area to film them interacting with fans. It was heartwarming to see how much they cared about their fans, thanking them endlessly for coming out and waiting to see them, despite the fact that Dan and Larry would always lurk behind them, reminding them every minute to get back on the bus. A bunch of fans, have been queueing since morning, way before the band arrived for soundcheck. And they waited till past midnight to meet the boys after the show.

I was filming from a distance - Van smiling and talking to some fans, with Larry always standing by his side, one hand clutching onto the seam of Van's jacket, like he was ready to pull him back anytime. Since I was standing close, it was not hard to overhear the people around me. Most of them were talking about Van's looks. "Oh my fucking god, Van's so cute!" "Fuck! He's cut!" I glanced over at Van, like I was trying to see what they were seeing and saw a couple of other fans successfully tackled him into a hug, which caused the girls next to me to squeal and whimper. "Gosh, I want to hug him again!" Unlike the rest of the band, Van was always the friendly, give-the-fans-what-they-want kind of guy. It's undeniable that his friendly gestures could send girls, even fans, mixed signals that he's flirting with them. "God, look how cute his ass is!"

I chuckled to myself when I heard that comment and subtly walked away from the group, allowing them to express their profound admiration towards Van and his body parts without having me there to eavesdrop. Van covertly looked my way when he saw me walked past him to get to the bus. "You heading in?" he whispered placing a hand on my shoulder to stop my tracks. I nodded, and smiled to the fans who were watching him talking to me. "Let me wrap up. Wait a sec, yeah?" Van told me, as he finished signing a couple more CDs. I was getting a few glances from some of the girls, but I kept awkwardly smiling at them. Some were whispering, some were staring. Either way, it was very uncomfortable to get a taste of the attention from CATB's fans. It made me wonder how the band dealt with it on a daily basis.

"I need to go," Van told his fans as Larry nodded, relieved. I bet Larry's intentions were pure. Van and the band were finally getting a lot of recognition and being the frontman of the band, it's normal that Van would be the one that gets most of it. Maybe Larry was just looking out for him, although he may come across like he was an asshole, trying to snatch Van away from the fans most of the time. I guess it was all purely for security reasons.

I heard some of the fans sighed, asking Van if he could stay longer. "I wish I could, love, but we need to get going. Thank you again for coming out. I really appreciate it. I hope everyone had a brilliant time tonight!" he said, giving them each a last hug.

Dan made a little head count, just to make sure that all of the boys were in the bus and no other 'guests' were in it before we headed back to the hotel. Dan had made a strict policy that non of the band members were allowed to bring anyone other than the crew on the tour bus.

"Is The Flying Duck still a go?" Bondy asked, as he sat in the lounging area, lighting a smoke.

"Of course, mate. I really need a couple of pints myself. Plus, everyone's gonna be there, right Van?" Benji asked.

I looked at both Bondy and Benji with furrowed brows and they both glanced at me at the same time. "It's a pub. But nothing like the ones you've been to I assume," Bondy chuckled. "I have friends down here. They have friends down here and it's sort of our usual place."

"Yeah, yeah. Just got a text from Ny. They'll be there. I haven't seen them in ages. I missed them all," Van told Benji while staring at me from across the room. I immediately flushed when I caught him staring.

Van and I haven't really talked since I arrived London. I mean, we did talk casually, but I have been avoiding him every time he tries to bring up the subject of our 'relationship'. I was just not ready to talk about it, I guess.