7. Toronto, ON

|Vienna|

Time flew by and it was already the fifth day of tour. The boys were doing a soundcheck at a venue called The Garrison in Toronto and I was walking around, looking for coffee so I could function properly. We flew out to Toronto from Boston past midnight and the tight schedule were starting to take a toll on my nightly routine, but I loved my job nonetheless.

I sighed happily when I found a pot of coffee, sitting gloriously at the snack buffet backstage. I immediately pour the hot, dark liquid into a cup and chugged it into my system. I was joined by Dan shortly after and we chatted about our schedule for a bit.

"The band has a radio interview in a bit. I kinda need to come along, as usual. I am sorry if the tour seems a bit too much for you," Dan muttered in his seat while typing on his laptop.

I shook my head as I sipped on my coffee as I watched him do his work. "Nah, not a problem, Dan. It is my job," I smiled.

Dan was always on his laptop wherever we went - he told me that the emails just kept on coming since fans and organizers were buzzing a lot about Catfish and The Bottlemen to play for a variety of festivals and venues for 2015. And as for me, wherever the boys go, I go.

"What time does the van leave?" I asked Dan.

"As soon as the band is done with soundcheck. The interview is at 11am," he answered.

I looked at my watch and it was five past ten. Perfect, I thought to myself since I'd get to have my usual 'fag break', that was what Van would call it. I would never smoke while on the job and the only time I'd get to have some time on my own was when the boys were doing soundcheck. Funny enough, Van would always somehow join me to smoke whenever he could.

"I am gonna go and catch a couple of breathers outside then," I told Dan. He nodded and I made my way back to the stage area.

"Can I get a little bit of my guitar?" I heard Van asked. "More.... more.... more.... Yep. Yep. We got it Mike. Thanks, mate."

"The bass is a little too loud, mate. What do you reckon?" I heard Benji spoke.

I glanced over at the band while they focused on getting the sound right for the gig. Squinting his eyes, Van had noticed that I was looking from across the room and he flashed a huge grin at me.

"Out to smoke?" He mouthed at me.

"Yeah," I nodded at the door as I gently pushed it open. I was instantly met by the crispy air and the bright blue sky. I lit my cigarettes and decided to wander around for a bit. I have never been to Toronto before. And I would not have been in Toronto if I had not worked for the band.

I stopped my tracks in front of a little glass window and realized that the venue was located not far from a record store. I started to scrutinize the vinyls that were on display, bending over also tip toeing so I could see them clearly. A familiar looking cover caught my eyes. It was placed in the middle of the display. Smiling, I immediately took my iPhone out and took a picture of it.

"There you are," I heard a voice muttered a few feet away from me.

I straightened myself and glanced over towards the voice. "Van," I said. "Come here! Look!" I pointed at the display.

Van made small running steps towards me and chuckled. "What is it? I was looking for you so we could.... Whoa! Is that our LP?" His jaw dropped in disbelief as he pointed at the vinyl, tilting his head with his nose slightly crinkled at me.