10. Austin City Limits, TX

|Van|

The fact that I was holding Vienna's hand made me happier than I really should have. We were in the middle of a jam-packed crowd and I'd hate to take the risk of getting separated from her. I turned around to look at Vienna who was following me from behind like a little girl with her cheeks the brightest colour of pink. I was probably making her uncomfortable by holding her hand in mine so tightly like that.

Oddly enough, I enjoyed her reaction. I hoped she understood that it was just a friendly gesture.

"Where are you taking me, Van?" she murmured.

"I'm hungry," I replied.

"But, I'm not," She muttered sternly, against the loud music that was coming from all angles, probably annoyed at me. Smiling to myself, I ignored her and continued to lead her out of the massive crowd in front of the Austin Ventures stage.

"Take photos of me while I eat then," I joked.

"Bloody hell," she shrugged.

"Oh, look! What a fancy looking ice-cream truck," I pointed out as we stood by the ACL Eats.

"Meh!" She shook her head.

"What is it?" I asked her with furrowed brows.

"I don't do ice-cream. It tastes like sweet mucus," she frowned.

"Are you crazy?!" I replied in a rather high pitched voice, tilting my head at her.

"Are you really gonna eat that?" She asked me when she realised that I was serious about getting an ice cream. "But, your throat.... It's probably not the most brilliant idea, Van."

"You mean your idea of eating marshmallows was better?" I laughed.

"Hey, I was telling the truth. My mom used to give me those whenever my throat was hurting."

I mouthed an "Okay" at her and proceeded to buy an ice cream.

Her eyes were glistening against the sun ray when she looked at me. The greens of her eyes were more apparent than the browns that day. She had her long, chocolate brown hair up in a messy ponytail, with a few strands falling perfectly onto her porcelain-like skin. Her style was always relaxed and casual, which I personally liked. She was wearing a basic white shirt, underneath a ripped skinny dungaree and a long cardigan on the outside, which some men might consider boring since she wasn't showing any skin at all, but to me, that was one thing so ridiculously attractive about Vienna. The fact that she never really revealed her skin made me want to look at her more, in a way I couldn't understand just yet .I thought she looked really beautiful that day. Heck, I thought she looked beautiful every fucking day.

"Do I have something on my face?" She asked, brushing off her face with her hand adorably.

Fuck. She caught me staring.

"Uhm, you have a little something here," I lied, brushing off the top of her nose with my finger to which she responded with a chuckle.

"So, what is up with you today?" I asked while eating my ice cream.

"Uhm, nothing," she faked a smile.

"Okay," I pursed my lips, knowing that she was probably uncomfortable opening up to a stranger like myself. "Here, have some."

"No fucking way," she laughed.

"I insist!"

"Stop being pushy, Van!" She pushed my hand away, nearly knocking over the ice cream in my hand.