Chapter 18: Unpredictable Yuki

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean by Heavenly allies, Mom?", I asked with so much interest.

Cheska and Mina went back to their seats and listened.

"We have successfully gained the trust of the Holy Tribe, the contrary of the Dark Forces. Yes, they are Angel Warriors."

Me, Cheska, and Mina gasped loudly, "Angel Warriors!? You mean they're from heaven itself!?"

Mom nodded, "Yes, you got that right. You may ask Alastor."

"Oh right!", Cheska took out her pendant from her chest.

"Alastor, please orient our young warriors as you are the God of Atonement and the Flame of Heaven itself.", said Ms. Shana.

"Listen carefully.", spoke Alastor. "The warriors of Heaven and the Flame Hazes were allies eons ago as the Holy War started and made the world itself a battlefield. A vicious war between Angels and Demons."

We were listening so intently at him that we didn't mind our food.

"The Demon Tribe allied with the Crimson Denizens also known as Tomogaras, monsters from the abyss that feeds on human existence and the Flame Haze's nemesis. Flame Hazes existed to eliminate them as they had the goal of disrupting the balance of the world.", continued Alastor.

"How exactly does a Tomogara mess with the balance?", I asked.

"A good question, Dark Angel.", he said and I felt like it was an honor to be called by that. "Once a Tomogara devours a human existence, they are now destined to die not in their expected time. Thats the job of Flame Hazes as to detect a Tomogara who was eating existences and eliminate it. Then restore the lost existences to their bodies. Those who had been devoured once is called a Torch, a residue to lessen the impact of a person's banishment from the world. Your dad is once a Torch."

We gasped and looked at him. "That's true. I was only saved by the treasure tool inside of me known as the Midnight Lost Child, a tool that restores my existence every struck of the clock at midnight eternally. Using the power of existence within me, I was able to become a Flame Haze itself with my contractor known as Zanadu, the Snake of the Festival, the God of Creation."

Then Dad's voice suddenly changed just like Yuki!

"I recognized Yuji's flaming passion even as a Torch and a Mystess. A Mystess is a torch possessing a treasure tool inside of them. Together, we worked hard with Alastor and Shana to put the tyranny of a Tomogara Invasion years ago to a stop."

"Thats the reason of existence of Flame Hazes.", said Alastor. "Now, going back to the Holy Tribe, we have once again allied with them this time with a war between four powerful races; Tomogara, Flame Hazes, Demons, and Angels."

"Umm. Alastor. On what force do I really belong? What am I?", I asked.

"David Lee, the reincarnation of one of the leaders of the Holy Tribe, the dark side of the Yin Yang spirit, Ashura. Together with your contrary, Ryo the Light Angel, reincarnation of Hagoromo. You two are the lost leaders of the Holy Tribe and someday each of you shall soon reclaim the throne as the Kings of the Shadow and Light Realm of Heaven."

Everyone were so shocked at what he said.

"M-m-me!? One of the Heavenly leaders!? King!? Are you kidding me, Alastor?"

"Young man.", he answered on his deep tone. "The Flame of Heaven never joke upon this matter."

I kept on stammering.

"Thanks to your friend, Yuki.", he continued. "Your identity had been finally confirmed. It may be hard for you to believe, but I think it was her plan from the beginning to kill you and revive you so your powers as the Dark Angel will be activated."

At that point, me and Cheska gasped loudly at complete shock. "YUKI PLANNED IT ALL ALONG!?"

"Yes, young warriors.", Alastor replied. "Once she knew that Lucia had revived his son and was resurrected as the Light Angel, she thinks that the same would happen if you could be killed, David. I had been thinking hard what her true intentions was. As of now, I need more leads. But I am sure that she intentionally planned that Demon attack and killed you then resurrect you as Lucia believes that it was a part of their contract to leave you alive no matter what. She gave you new powers for some reason. It may be out of her love for you that she let herself devoured on the shadows eternally and were executing unpredictable plans."

I cried at that fact that Yuki intentionally gave me new powers for the upcoming war.

Cheska smiled at me, "Like we had said, right? She's forever our friend and she had a deep reason for joining the Dark Forces. Who knows what might she be really up to?"

I smiled and stared at the pendant Yuki gave me and prayed for her safety.