thirty two

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

"Hey," Brad smirks as he catches up with me on the way to first period class.

"Ew, hello," I reply and he rolls his eyes playfully, putting his arm on my shoulder. After wrapping more presents, Brad went home and left me to tidy everything up at home and I didn't really see him the rest of the weekend, but we exchanged a few texts whenever he had time to spare since he was with the boys.

"So, I was thinking," he starts.

"Ooh, careful, you might hurt yourself."

"Har, har," he responds sarcastically. "Anyway, I was thinking tonight I should take you out on a date and finish that talk we were having."

"Hm, I don't know," I say warily. I need to spend more time with my mom and dad, but they'll probably be at work late anyway. "Maybe."

"Be ready by seven, then."

"I said maybe, Bradley."

"I know, but I already cancelled all my other plans and checked with your parents if it was okay," he smiles smugly.

I laugh and shake my head before I reach my classroom. Sadly, he isn't in the same class as me first period, so he had to venture somewhere else.

"Goodbye for now," I say and he quickly kisses my cheek before he walks away, leaving me to walk into class with a red face.

Damn, this boy.

Class passed achingly slow, and eventually I'm in second period, talking to Brad.

"So what am I wearing?" I ask as I scribble down more answers.

Brad puts his pencil down, "well I was going to take you to Nando's after we go bowling."

"Hm," I hum in response. "I'm not good at bowling: think I hurt my arm."

"How did you hurt it?" He says, frowning.

"All those press ups I totally do," I laugh and he rolls his eyes, grinning. "Of course we can go bowling. Nando's, though, is a big no. James has me steering off of meat."

"I'll keep that in mind," he winks. "In that case, I'll fine somewhere else for us to go."

"Awesome," I nod and look at my answers. Honestly, I was scared for the rest of the 'talk' we were having—what if he asks me to be his girlfriend? What would I say? Yes, of course. I'd be such a crap girlfriend, he deserves ten times better than me.

"You look like you're overthinking everything," he says and gently puts one of his hands over mine. "Don't worry."

"Yeah, I have a tendency to overthink things," I laugh nervously and he puts his head on my shoulder. "Anyway, do your work before you fail."