F O U R

"Sophia! I'm sorry. Please stop ignoring me." Ellie whined as she followed me through the halls. I cradled my textbooks in my arms and continued to walk with a straight face.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" How many times do you want me to say it. Come on I'll do anything!" She begged. I stopped in my tracks and slowly turned to face her.

"Anything?"

"Anything!"

"Bow down to me."

I maintained a serious face as her eyes widened in surprise at my strange request. She hesitantly kneeled down and bowed as we both broke into a fit of laughter.

"I forgive you." I chuckled, helping her up.

"Oh thank god! It's been hell without you. I'd turn to tell you something but you weren't there. I'm so sorry!"

"It's ok, Ellie. I'm sure I've acted like that plenty of times before. Besides, girl Code #35 is right." I smiled with a raise of my brow.

Girl Code #35: You don't walk out on your friends.

"You're the best." She grinned as she wrapped her arms around me. "Are you doing anything after school?"

"I have soccer practice at six, why?"

"Do you wanna go dress shopping? The school dance is coming up soon and we haven't gotten dressed yet."

"Oh, right! Yeah sure I'd love to. But I gotta be home by 5:30 cause Harry's picking me up." I smiled.

"I am lowkey jealous that you two are so close. Like imagine me and him being that close, then what if we like fell for each other and started dating! That would be so cute!" She gushed.

Don't punch her in the face. Don't punch her in the face!

"Yup! The cutest!" I said forcing my best fake smile.

"Well, I've got to go. I'll see you later."

"Wait, you aren't getting lunch with me?" I asked curiously, not that I really mind if she doesn't.

"Can't, I got lunch detention." She nonchalantly replied as if it wasn't a bad thing.

"Alright. I'll see you later then."

I grabbed some lunch then walked over to the field where Harry and I always sat.

"Hey, curly."

"Hey Soph." He replied chuckling at the nickname I had given him.

"How was your bio test? Fun?" I teased, playfully nudging him with my elbow.

"Yeah! Lots of fun. Never wanted it to end." He sarcastically responded.

I chuckled and leaned back. My arms propping me up as I stared across the field in thought.

"What's up?" He asked, noticing I grew quite all of a sudden.

"Oh, it's nothing." I said giving him a small smile.

Yup. Nothing! I'm fine! Amazing! Peachy! Just wish I could tell you that I really like you and I have for a long time but I can't tell you that for my sake and for Ellie's sake. Ugh!

"If you say so." He chuckled. "I almost forgot to tell you! I'm going to be able to make it to your game on Saturday!" He smiled.

"What? Really! I thought your game was at the same time as mine?"

"It was but they changed the time. I don't know why though. Coach just said they changed the time and to be there fifteen minutes early." He shrugged.