F O U R T E E N

I lingered at my window for a few seconds as I watched him walk away. His head hung low and he kicked the few pebbles in his way.

I grabbed my crutches and carefully made my way downstairs. I opened up the door to see a bouquet of roses that were carefully placed on the floor. I couldn't help but allow a smile creep up on my face. I picked them up and struggled to get the inside but managed not to damage the beautiful flowers as I put them into a vase.

Why has my life come to this? I just want to stay home forever and never communicate with the outside world. That would work right? If I stay here then everything would be great! No drama, no stress, no boys.

"I miss Harry."

What do you mean? You just let him walk away when he wanted to talk to you!

"Ok but that doesn't mean I can't miss him. I'm just saving myself from further embarrassment!"

Please, for all we know he could've been here to ask you out.

I let out an exaggerated laugh at myself.

Y'know. Maybe I should take a nap!

Why? So you can dream about Harry liking you for once? "You are not needed right now conscience!"

That's it. I've gone crazy.

The rest of the week went by pretty fast, I would say. I didn't see Harry much though. It's been hard not seeing his stupid, beautiful face. Tomorrow's Monday and I am not really looking forward to it.

At least when I was close with Harry I had something to look forward to. But not now. All I have to look forward to is Ellie trying to make my life a living hell and Harry turning the other direction whenever he see's me.

This is the very thing i've always been afraid of. Losing the only friend who has been there for me since way back.

"Are you thinking about him again?" Aunt Karen asked as she sat next to me on the couch.

"Of course not! I'm totally over it. Who cares if he doesn't like me! There's plenty of other hot guys at school!" Not ones with piercing green eyes, perfect curly brown hair, rosy lips, and a British accent!

"You're dying on the inside aren't you?" She tilted her head to the side as she raised an eyebrow.

"Obviously not! I mean, obviously everything will be fine and I'll find a new best friend! And obviously there's many, many fish in the sea!"

"Talk to him. You two had something special and you shouldn't throw it away so easily just because he doesn't see you in that way, which I think is a lie but just talk to him." She advised.

"No offense Aunt Karen, but the last time I took your advice I ended up like this." I motioned to the messy bun and dirty sweatpants I was wearing.

"I'm telling you, something is off with this whole situation. Something's not right, okay? Just talk to him." She deadpanned.

"I'll think about it. Thanks Aunt Karen." I smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"No problem sweetie. Now go take a shower cause you smell like pizza grease."

I chuckled and stood up from my spot on the couch. I grabbed my crutches then walked up the stairs and grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top before heading into the bathroom.

As I was taking my shower I thought long and hard about talking to him tomorrow. It'll definitely be awkward but you know what! What else have I got to lose? The tiny bit of dignity I still have left?