Tenmin~ Promise (1)

"we have to keep it a secret."

ten absolutely hated saying that to jaemin, seeing the sad and disappointed look on his pretty face and his downturned lips. the seven words that made jaemins beautiful smile of straight teeth turn into one of sad understanding, knowing what was best for them.

ten didn't like the number of times the cons of dating a minor flew around in his head.

first, there was the ever insisting fact that jaemin was indeed a minor, and would be one for another two years. ten was on the close brink of turning 23, and although that wouldn't happen in many months, it would still surely happen. by the time he does, jaemin would only be 17, still a minor.

ten mentally cursed at their 6 year age difference.

then, there was the fact that if someone had been stalking them enough to find out (ten and jaemin were very careful), then not only would the media be all over it and their careers at stake, but they of course wouldn't be excepted.

why they wouldn't be excepted had a plethora of reasons, ranging from jaemins age to tens shoe size, and how it seemingly connected the two. they both knew that netizens and anti fans would come up with some reason to hate them for it, just to sprinkle more hate on the waffle cone of sweet hate they would already be getting for their relationship to come out.

tens final (not really final, but his biggest reason) con for keeping the relationship a secret was for jaemins own safety. the boy was way too sweet and naive to know how the others would react, and although they both hoped that the members would accept them with open arms, ten seemed like the one to surely believe that that would not happen.

Ten could actually picture the day in his head if he thought hard enough. Taeyong would be scolding the maknaes for their noise and endless pranking, jaehyun and doyoung would be on the couch discussing something, mark would be with the rest of the dream team, winwin with SR17B, taeil, johnny and hansol lounging on the couch. ten would walk up into the living room, hand in hand with jaemin as they announced their relationship. the members would take it hard, not believing that members of their team were gay, and others would be taken aback in disgust and would probably start to accuse ten of being a pedophile.

and while it all seemed like ten was the one being put into disaster, the thai boy knew it would hurt jaemin much worse. the pretty boy couldn't bare to see people being angry or disappointed at him, nonetheless disgusted.

ten sighed, in all honesty, he was really fucking tired.

"yeah, youre right, hyung. i'm sorry for asking again," jaemin said, looking down at his feet with ashamed eyes.

as much as ten hated the thought of coming out, he hated the look in jaemins eyes more, so he made his decision.

"nana, hey, look at me," ten lifted up jaemin's head with a hand underneath his chin, smiling with a broken heart as jaemin looked at him with watery eyes.

"don't worry, baby. i promise, once i'm ready, we'll tell them everything." the truth was that Ten was ready to tell them, to tell everyone, but the cons weighed down the confidence in his heart.

"really?" jaemin asked, as ten saw the genuine smile on jaemins pretty face, lighting up his features and making tens heart hurt and his chest fill with butterflies.

"promise."