[ "I'm sorry" ] Nick Clark (FTWD)

AN: if you wanna read this with y/n, I have posted it on my FTWD imagines book.

( gifs used aren't mine,

credit to owner )

( C A S T )
Frank Dillane as Nick Clark
Selena Gomez as Cassandra 'Cassie' Phoenix
Edward Norton as Arthur Phoenix

She hadn't seen him in months, she was pretty sure it was a year. But somehow she had ended up in his village, that's where they were being held. Cassie had managed to get in before they sealed off the place, she had seen what they had done out there. Cassie wondered if he was dead, she hadn't gotten chance to go and see him. Cassie was made to stay in the house, her father, Arthur, he was paranoid about the soldiers.

She could sneak out but she didn't know if it would be worth it. He might not be there. Arthur had seen Nick once or twice, Cassie thought it wouldn't be enough for him to remember Nick. Arthur did remember how Nick acted, he didn't approve.

"Cassie where are you?" Arthur asked, panicked as he ran around the house.

"I'm here" she said, coming down the stairs, "what's going on?" She asked, she looked at him worriedly, had something happened?

"I wanted to know where you were" he replied, "there's a meeting, we should go listen." Cassie nodded. She was worried about him, he hadn't seen him talk to anyone else, he was always sneaking around. If he didn't stop, he might get killed and that's what worried Cassie.

She didn't listen to anything they were saying, she was scanning the faces. He's gotta be here, she kept repeating in her head and she looked around, then she saw Travis, then Alicia. She let out a laugh. But was he here? She thought. Arthur looked at her and frowned, but thought nothing of it.

"Alicia!" Cassie repeated as she pushed through the crowd to her.

"Cassie! Your- where have you been?" Alicia asked, happily.

"With my dad..." Cassie trailed off and Alicia understood, she was the person who Cassie had gone to about him. She had never told Nick, she didn't know what he would do. "We managed to get in before they sealed it all off" Cassie explained.

"I'm glad you're safe, really I am" Alicia said, then added, "you should come over later-"

"I don't think she will" Arthur said. Cassie closed her eyes and held them shut for a moment, then let out a long breath.

"You're invited too Mr Phoenix" Maddison said, smiling. Maddison wanted and needed Nick to see Cassie, that's the only person he talked about. "We could all wear something nice and have a lovely meal" Maddison added, Alicia and Cassie looked at each other they were both thinking the same thing. Now wasn't the time to play happy families.