Being More Helpful ; Carl imagine

Set in Alexandria

Glenn and I had decided to go on a run together, as he promised to help me out. I wanted to be more helpful around the place and since its been a month since the heard invaded there wasn't a lot I could do... I was looking after Carl, I didn't want to leave him, but he's better now. Even he is more helpful, than I am...

We weren't too far from the safe zone but we still had a car. You know just in case.

"Y/N, why didn't you ever want to leave Carl on his own?" Glenn asked while we were in a drug store gathering as much as we could but it was pretty empty.

"Erm, well you know... errr I was just making sure he was okay" I said... it was the truth but not the whole truth. He gave me a look as if to say 'yes but there is more'. I continued, "Also in my head I promised Rick and Carl that I wouldn't leave"

Glenn nodded "But that was only in your head" I nodded while looking at him, he nodded and we carried on stuffing things into Glenn's bags...

20 minutes later

We began to walk to the front of the shop, we had parked a little away, we were gonna go out of the back but there were walkers out there a Glenn said to go out the front so we don't waste energy. Glenn was about to talk but instead we heard another mans voice, then another. We froze. I looked at Glenn who was looking at me, mentally telling me it'll be okay. We didn't have a lot it only filled Glenn's back which we were disappointing about.

Me and Glenn began to walk backwards to hide. Glenn got behind the counter but they saw me. "Where are you going?" One man said, there was only about three of them but there was no way we could take them out ourselves. Another man grabbed my arm and dragged me to the first. His grip on my arm hurt and I tried to get out of his grip but it just tightened. "Your pretty" He said and got closer, i tried to inch way but the mans grip kept me in place, "You really shouldn't be out here on your own" He said into my ear and i squirmed away from him. His hand kept running over my face. I tried to stay strong but tears were forming, I knew Glenn was trying to figure out a way to help... "Get off me" I said firmly and lashed out, hitting the guy who was holding me arm. The fist man grabbed me and held me close, to close for comfort and resumed to stocking my face and then my neck. I began to try and get out of his grip when a gun shot rung through the shop and i was spun around with a knife held to my neck. Glenn was standing holding a gun and the guy who was holding me was now on the floor. "Let her go" Glenn said firmly.

"No" the man simply said. Glenn stood there still holding the gun up.

Suddenly the third man came round the corner. "GLENN!!" I shouted. The gun was knocked out of his hand and they began fighting. I took the opportunity and head butted the guy who was holding me in the face. "Y/N RUN GO!" Glenn shouted but I wasn't quick enough i tumbled down to the floor as the guy tackled me...

I was struggling but he wasn't winning, well I wasn't dead yet. I had been punched and hit in the head and I could feel blood dripping down. I was loosing energy and fast when the gun shot rung out and blood splattered on my face. The man fell off me and Glenn was left standing, only slightly bruised. I was glad it was over, we could go home.

I hadn't realized how tired I was and I was beginning to loose contentiousness "Y/N stay with me please" Glenn kept whispering as he carried me to the car.

30 minutes later

I jolted forward in shock and i was in the front seat of the car. "Hey" Glenn said softly. I pulled my hand up to my head, that was a mistake as i flinched and looked at my hand. So my head was bleeding. "Great" I mumbled.

"We're nearly back now, the others might have heard the gun shot. How you feeling?" Glenn asked.

"Fantastic, thank you for you know saving me and all" I paused, "Same next week?" I asked jokingly and we laughed.

I must of drifted off again. I bolted forward when i heard the gates to Alexandria open. Glenn drove in just enough to shut the gate and was talking to Rick, I'm assuming about or early events.

Glenn and I got out and I walked to Rick. I saw Carl and I was about to wave but felt faint and fell into Rick before catching my balance. "Wow wow, Y/N, take it easy" Rick said holding me, I looked to find Carl sprinting towards me.

I was engulfed in a huge by Carl, he pulled away slightly and kept one arm on mine "Are you okay? What happened to you?" He asked worriedly. Glenn explained the short version to both Rick, Carl and Denise. Carl hugged me so tight and I could feel myself feeling faint again...

The next day

I slowly opened my eyes to find I was in one of the rooms in out 'hospital'. I looked around and my eyes landed on Carl who was curled in a chair right next to my bed. I didn't want to wake him up but I coughed.  He bolted upright and looked straight at me "Y/N!!!" He called and engulfed me into a hug.
Denise came in "Good to see you awake, Carl hasn't left that seat, just like you when he was here" she laughed a little and checked me. The whole time I was looking at Carl who was looking at his hands a little red. "How do you feel? Do you think you can walk?" Denise asked, I nodded.
"I want to go home" I said and laughed a little.
"You should have someone watch over you though...right?" Carl said a little rushed.
"I guess" Denise said with a little smirk. I on the other hand had no idea why but I didn't want to ask.
"Y/N can stay with me" Carl said, Denise nodded and walked out.
I looked at Carl and said "Can we find your dad and Glenn before we go to your house?" I asked. I needed to see if Glenn was okay and ask Rick if it was okay for me to stay.
After wondering around slowly, we found Glenn first. He was sitting with Maggie and they both jumped up when they saw me, "so glad your okay, Y/N!" Maggie said and hugged me.
Glenn hugged me next and asked how I was felling. "Better" I replied and smiled. "Have you seen Rick by any chance?" I asked them.
"I think he's at home with Judith" Glenn said. I said thank you and Carl and I walked to Carl's house.
Carl walked in the door first but Rick didn't see me "finally left Y/N side have we" he teased.
"Not really" Carl said and moved so Rick could see me.
"Ah Y/N, good to see you, your stuff is in Carl's room" he said I looked at him confused "welcome to your new home!"
Carl took me upstairs and Michonne walked out the bathroom with a towel round her and on her head. "Hi Y/N was wondering when you'd get here" she said with a smile. I smiled back and she walked into a room, I'm assuming it was hers...
We went into a room which was clearly his as my bags were there and luckily there was a double bed. We decided to get into bed because I needed to rest and it was late anyway. There was silence. Awkward silence at that. "When did you decide that I was to move in?" I asked and turned on my side to face him. I must of moved too fast as there was a shooting pain through my head and I groaned.
"This morning...Carol put all your clothes here so you wouldn't have to do it with your head" Carl replied looking at me. We had a little light on that lit the room enough for us to see.
I nodded "you really didn't leave my side?" I asked, I don't really know what to think of this but I'm going to ask. He moved his heard from side to side no. I nodded again and whispered "why?" I don't know why but I was expecting him to not answer.
But he did "erm ...well ...I've sorta..." he stuttered but found his words eventually "I've been meaning to tell you that...erm... Y/N, I think I'm...erm...inlovewithyou" he whispered and said the last but quickly. I was frozen, I mean I've had a crush on him but never went through to tell him...
Carl fiddled with the bandage around his head which covered his non existent eye. "Carl" I said, he looked at me with hope but a hint of sadness "I love you too" I whispered. Carl leaned forward and placed a hand gently on my face... we kissed.
Our first kiss.
Our first kiss of many.
Now I was glad I spent those days in the 'hospital' other wise this would of never happened...

Thanks for reading! This is my first imagine so I hope you like it!