Chapter 23 // Bloom, my darling Lotus

"Wait, you saw it?" I whispered to her, my eyes growing larger in perimeter.

"Of course! I was dying to know how gorgeous you were going to look!" Soon-Yi giggled. "He really spoiled you."

I scoffed, "Spoiled? Now that's an understatement!"

We laughed together and stood for a few seconds, taking in the overwhelming beauty of the hall.

"All curtsy for the Queen!" A large voice echoed around the room, silencing the busy workers.

Everyone turned towards the wooden doors behind Soon-Yi and I, bowing their heads. We split either side of the doors and paid our respects too, watching the Queen gracefully stride forward in her golden gown, followed by her loyal subjects. At some points, I lifted my head slightly to see if Kyungsoo had joined, which he had at the end.

As the doors were closing behind the pageant, the Prince swiftly locked his arm with mine and continued to walk.

I peered over my shoulder at Soon-Yi, who was chuckling into her palm.

The Queen continued into the middle of the room, her arms spread wide and a glowing smile across her rosy lips.

"My dear attendants," She announced, glancing all the way across the room. "What a marvelous job you have done! I can not thank you all enough for the hard work and dedication you have all possessed over these last few days. I know it has been hard on most of you, due to the premature passing of our beloved cook, Yoona, but we must not stay sad, as that is not what she would have wanted. We must embrace the times she made us laugh and feel loved, not dwell on the unexplained felony that occurred."

The room fell strangely quiet. I lowered my head, feeling Kyungsoo's hand tighten against my arm. 

"Needless to say, she will be with us later tonight, watching over our merriness. Thank you again, for everyone involved in the process, and I can't wait to see you all relaxed and stress free!" The Queen's comment earned a few chuckles. "That's why, to repay you all for your faithfulness, you may all rest and stop working as my fellow cohorts and I will continue to work on the hall."

A huge cheer was heard, echoing around the large room, bouncing off of the wooden structure and polished marble floors.

The servants and handymen slowly left, passing on any towels or dusters to a member of her majesty's entourage.

I turned to Kyungsoo and shyly smiled as he poked my cheek with his finger.

"I'll see you soon." He simply said.

I nodded, "Not if I see you first."

I unlocked my arm and walked away, catching up with Soon-Yi and Choa.

-----

After chatting for what seemed like days, the girls and I realized we only had 3 hours to get changed for the ball tonight. We then rushed around, helping each other and ourselves corset up our dresses and style our hair.

Soon-Yi had just finished unpinning my curled hair and was standing behind me, looking in the mirror, pondering what step she should take next.

"Did you want your hair like mine?" She lowered her head so it was closer to mine so I could observe the half-up-half-down hairdo on top of her head. I stared at her gently waved, golden hair.

"Hmm, I'm not sure." I replied softly.

She sighed and laid her hands on the back of my chair. "You said that for the last 4 hairstyles."

"You know me," I chuckled. "I find it hard to choose."

She nodded, picking up her teacup from my dresser and taking a sip of the herbal tea inside the daintily painted china.