Chapter 13 // Nightmare

All I knew was that I was running.

Just, running. In a forest.

I must have been running from something, as I kept looking over my shoulder time and time again.

My bare feet crunched against the spiky leaves, my bare arms whipped with thin and lethal twigs from trees closing in on me.

Screaming from the pain on my face, arms and legs, I stumbled into a clearing, landing on the dirty floor with a thud.

Sitting up and brushing the dust off of my silk, white dress, I looked up, nothing but trees and darkness around me. A sudden shiver of fear ran over my skin, making my hair stand on end.

I quickly jumped up and rubbed my strangely, unharmed arms.

"Min-Hyo..." A strange voice whispered through the trees as the wind picked up.

"W-Who's there?!" I yelled out, my voice cracking with panic.

"Min-Hyo..." The voice called out again, as a gush of wind blew my hair back.

I stood there, clutching my shivering self, hopelessly wandering around in a circle, panicking.

A tap on my shoulder made me jump, turning me around and being face to face with someone. Soon-Yi.

"S-Soon-Yi..." I trailed off, her icy and ghost like eyes staring straight through me.

"Choose."

"W-What?" I stuttered, looking at her pale features with confusion.

"Choose." She replied simply, taking her hand off of my shoulder and pointing to something behind me.

I slowly turned around, gasping at the sight I saw.

2 men were standing on tall tree stumps underneath 2 trees, a thick noose tied tightly around both their necks, attached to the trees above them.

As I walked closer, staring at the 2 figures, my breath hitched and I found myself stumbling backwards.

The man on the left, Kyungsoo. The man on the right, Chanyeol.

I stared at them both, their eyes closed, their skin so sickly and pale.

"Don't make me say it again," Soon-Yi's face suddenly appeared on the tree in the middle of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. "Choose."

"W-W-What, how do you..." My heart was racing so much I couldn't breathe.

"There's not much time, Min-Hyo." Kyungsoo suddenly bellowed, his harsh eyes looking down at me.

"You have to choose." Chanyeol said grimly.

"I-I-I-I..." I stuttered, my gaze flickering to and fro. "I-I choose both!"

"That is not permitted," Soon-Yi spoke flatly. "You have to choose one."

"You can't make me do that!!" I yelled, a sudden fire burning in my stomach.

Soon-Yi, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol just kept on staring at me, no emotions and no words.

"5." Soon-Yi scared me with her loud voice.

"What?"

"4."

"No!"

"3."

"STOP THIS NOW!!"

"2."

"LET ME OUT OF THIS GAME NOW!!!" I yelled angrily, tears falling down my cheeks.

"1."

Quickly, I heard a loud click, both the tree stumps falling at the same time.