Chapter 7 // Orders

"Park Chanyeol."

"Do Kyungsoo."

I stared at them both in turn, like watching a tennis match but with no such tennis at all. They both just glared at each other, no words needed.

"Well," Chanyeol put on his widest smile and turned to me. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Min-Hyo."

"And you, Lord Chanyeol." I curtsied politely, watching him bow down and gently grab my hand, pressing his lips against the skin ever-so delicately.

"Until we meet again." He raised an eyebrow slightly with his weakening smile, before peering over his shoulder at the Prince and walking away from the both of us.

I continued to stare lovingly at his figure walking away until a hand grabbed my shoulder harshly and dragged me into the castle.

"Yah!" I shriek as soon as the large wooden doors slam shut. "What was that f-"

"Don't talk to him." Kyungsoo replied sternly, his hand still resting on the rust door handle.

I paused, gently pulling off my coat and laying it over my arm.

"Why not? He seems like a very sweet and handsome man..." I trailed off, sighing.

"He's dangerous," The Prince swirled around on his sock-covered foot, pushing past me with a small, wavering smile. "I should know."

Turning around, I huffed a little, pushing a few stray hairs back behind my ear so they would stop tickling my face.

Kyungsoo was hurriedly jumping up the stairs, 2 at a time, but abruptly stopped midway to gaze over his shoulder.

"Coming?" He asked cheekily, raising an eyebrow underneath his dark hair. "You are my nanny after all."

I rolled my eyes and gave him an unimpressed look, slowly ambling over to the velvet covered stairs and ascending them, gliding my hand against the cool, gold banister.

Kyungsoo lead me through a few corridors, up a few flights of stairs and back down another corridor, reaching the end. He laid his soft-looking, ink-stained hand on the door handle, giggling before pushing it down and almost kicking the door off of it's hinges.

Inside, I found barely anything. In the far corner, underneath the only bay window, shedding some light into the half-empty room, was a metal framed bed with only a bare mattress lying on top of it. The window above was bare, no curtains at all to control the blinding sunlight burning through the dirty glass. The floor was grubby and paint-splattered, random blobs of colour making the dull, wood floor seem lively. Against the walls were a few chests of drawers, the worn wood sort of fitting in with the whole 'Worn-down' theme. At the furthest part of the room, a long desk pushed against the wall was scattered with various pieces of paper, making the room feel a little more full. The pieces of paper even hung off of the table and a few were laying on the floor, covering more of the cold, wooden flooring. Underneath the desk, I caught a glimpse of the Prince's other shoe. So he does have another shoe! But only, his shoe seemed to be filled with something white, paper maybe?

"Not much, I know," Kyungsoo said proudly, laying his hands on his hips. "I thought that all of the expensive and useless stuff I used to have to go to the poor beggars outside. The things clogged up my room, so now I have more space for my investigation."

"I-Investigation?" I asked cautiously, stepping a little further into the paint-splattered, worn-out abyss.

The Prince swirled around and seized my wrist, pulling me towards his 'bed' pushing me down onto it. He danced across the room towards the desk crammed with paper. What I didn't realize, was that on the walls around the desk, Kyungsoo had pinned up large, colourful and messy canvases, all marked with a dark black squiggle at the bottom right of each.

The Prince skipped back over to me with a large quantity of paper and his right shoe, in which was a scrunched up ball of paper. He threw the papers at me, squatting down onto the dirty floor and sitting cross-legged, staring up at me.

The strange papers had tons of names and scribbles on them, the odd name circled in a different colour to the usual black used. One name that seemed to be extra underlined was that of 'Lord Park Chanyeol'. Very strange. At the top of the page, in messy writing was 'Who?'. The next was 'When?', then 'Where?', then 'How?'. Under the 'When?', was only one scribble; 7th of October. This is the date of the King's death, I thought to myself. Confused as anything, I stared at the page marked 'Where?', which was clearly marked; MAIN HALL, BALLROOM. The 'How?' page was filled with question marks and strange words. In the middle, it read, 'Natural causes' with a large 'X' next to it. Around this, Kyungsoo had written things like 'Shot', 'Stabbed', 'Poisoned'.

Furrowing your eyebrows, you peered over the papers at a happy Kyungsoo, grinning widely.

"You like it?" He asked excitedly, jumping up and grabbing the papers off of me.

"Umm, what is it exactly?" I asked, my heart beating faster than usual as the Prince peered into my face.

He peeked over both shoulders, as if looking to see if anyone was listening. He lowered his mouth to my ear, his steady and hot breathing tickling my neck. It seemed to be forever until I finally got an answer, and boy I wish I hadn't asked.

"You really want to know?" He waited for my nod, which he got. "...My father's murder..."

~~~~

A/N: Hello everyoneeee~!!

It's been a while since I last updated and I'm really sorry it's a really small chapter, but I'm so tired and I have a busy day tomorroww~!!

Anyway, I hope you are all doing very well and please vote if you liked this ^u^

OMG have you guys seen the latest episode of 'EXO Next Door'?? IT'S SO TENSE EEEKKKK~~ But my lil chanyeollie is a fine actor <3 Anyway, I'll see you guys soooonnnnn..

Saranghaeyooo // Olivia-Nim <3