Chapter 8 // Crazy

The Prince jumped back with a wide, insane grin. His messy, knotted hair flopped down over his mad eyes.

I sat back a little and immediately felt uncomfortable, but slowly felt better as his crazy smile faded into a sincere line.

"Y-You don't like it?" He asked, sounding like a little child.

"U-Umm..." I stuttered, feeling flustered. "I-I-I do like it, it's just..."

He was working out how his father died? In such detail?! Shouldn't he be mourning?

Kyungsoo stood back with a slightly annoyed face, one eyebrow raised.

"It's just what?"

"It's just..." I took a deep breath and stood up, standing in front of him. "I'm a little confused, that's all. Why are you trying to figure out your father's death?"

He looked away from me sheepishly, kicking at a tear of paper laying on the floor.

"...Well, why not? I'm sure if one of your parents died you'd want to find out why and avenge the culprit, right?" He seemed to soften.

"I don't know if my parents are alive or not," I huffed, dropping myself down onto Kyungsoo's bed. "I'm not even sure if I care."

"Why ever not?" He asked, very confused, sitting next to me and just staring.

I just looked down at my lap, where my fingers were intertwined.

"They abandoned me as a child," I started. "All I remember was that the family I was from were poor. I could have siblings out there in the world, but I was an only child when the Queen - your mother - found me on the road. She's the only mother I really knew."

Kyungsoo was silent for a minute, sitting back and soaking in the sad tale. Ever so gently, he laid his hand on mine, stroking the skin.

My cheeks burned at his sudden touch. I looked up to see him staring at our hands with a soft smile.

"You're here now," His voice was as gentle as a feather bed, which came as such a surprise from the normally loud and harsh voice of his. "And look how far you've come! Your parents would be proud of you, maybe they had to give you up."

Now it was my turn to stay silent. I thought about what he said - maybe it wasn't them. Maybe they were forced into it. A small smile crept onto my lips as Kyungsoo continued to hold onto my hand, a sudden peace falling over me, like that one piece of bitterness within me was finally laid to rest.

--

"Min-Hyo~!!" Soon-Yi wailed, trotting into the kitchen as I was fussing around.

"Mwo?" I asked in a ferocious tone, rubbing my forehead with the back of my hand.

"No need to be like that," She huffed with a small smile, jumping onto the dining table and watching me flap around like a kitchen. "...Anyway, what on earth are you doing?"

"Kyungsoo wants me to prepare him a ridiculous soup for his lunch and I'm just stressing because he wants it NOW!" I huffed in annoyance, throwing the vegetables I'd just cut up into the large, hissing pot on the hob.

"Kyungsoo, eh? Whatever happened to 'The Prince'?" Soon-Yi chuckled, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"That's all you got from that?" I asked, sweating again and turning around to face her with a stern face.

"Aniya!" She squealed, watching me turn back around and fuss over the soup.

"Yah! Min-Hyo! Where's my soup?!" Kyungsoo bellowed from the top of the basement stairs.

"Coming!!" I yelled back, panic and worry covering me in a tight, suffocating blanket of emotions.

Soon-Yi giggled as I hurriedly pulled a bowl out of the cupboard in front of me and grabbed the ladle laying on the side.

"Make sure it's not so warm, but not so cold!" Kyungsoo shouted again. "And put those little croutons in it!"

"I will!" I yelled, and I continued to mutter under my breath, "Such a Princess."

Carefully, I dropped in a few croutons and held the hot bowl in my hands with a tea towel, thinking cold thoughts to take my mind off of the burning in my fingers - the tea towel not doing ANY good. As I was about to ascend the stairs, Soon-Yi startled me.

"Spoon!"

She jogged over to me, silver spoon in hand. I quickly muttered a 'Thank you' and let her put it into the little pouch in my apron. I then ran up the stairs, being very careful not to spill any of the soup as I did.

"HURRY!!" Kyungsoo growled from one of the lounging rooms.

I quickly followed the sound of his whines to the furthest room of the castle, wiping my hands on my apron and walking as fast as I could. Before I walked in, I pulled my best smile on and continued in, looking at the Prince who was laying one of the Queen's emerald velvet sofas. He sat straight up as I got closer to him, his posture becoming better as I placed his bowl on the table in front of him. I pulled the spoon out of the pouch and placed it by the bowl, shoving the towel into the empty space in the pouch.

"Gomawo~" He sang innocently, staring up at me with his toothy grin.

After that little heart-to-heart in Kyungsoo's bedroom, he's insisted that we be informal with each other, to make it a little bit more comfortable for us both.

"It's nothing," I huffed with a smile. "I-I hope it's not too hot, or too cold. I added the croutons just now, so they shouldn't be too soggy. I followed the recipe as best as I could - although I'm not sure I added enough tomatoes, 15 seems like a lot."

Kyungsoo leaned over the steaming dish, breathing in heavily and sighing with happiness.

"It smells amazing," He stared back up at me with his large, mysterious eyes. "Well done, Min-Hyo."

"Kamsa-" I stopped myself. "G-Gomawo."

Kyungsoo nodded and chuckled, grabbing his spoon and staring at the bowl with a strange sort of lust.

I span round on my heel, but stopped at the sound of Kyungsoo's voice.

"Min-Hyo..."

~~~~

A/N: Soooo, you're probably wondering who I am because I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN YEARS!!! I am so sorry to everyone that reads this (And I've come to realise that that's not very many people -.-), I've been so busy with things and ughhh~~!!!

Anyway, have y'all seen that latest of 'EXO Next Door'?? OH MY GOSH SO MUCH HAS HAPPENEDDD!!! (I won't spoil it for people that haven't seen it)

But I just wanted to say a massive JOESONGHAMNIDAAA~ because I'm such an aweful author-nim TT^TT

Anyway, I'm sorry it's such a short chapter, I am SOOO tired but I wanted to update something, sooo....

Saranghaeyoo~ // Olivia-Nim <3