Ch. 18: First Delivery

Start from the beginning

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

"Because you've been a bit distracted today."

"I have?"

"Yeah, your head's not in the game, and you keep rubbing your stomach. Are you feeling ok?"

Shikamaru smiled and chuckled a bit. "Yeah, I'm fine. Tobi's just moving around a lot more today. Well, the part about me being distracted is because I'm just thinking about what lady Tsunade said a while back."

"About the baby? Is he ok?" Asuma asked starting to really get worried.

Shikamaru smiled. "Don't worry, he's fine. No, what I'm talking about is actually about Temari."

"Temari? Why would you need to talk to Lady Tsunade about Temari?" Asuma asked now completely confused.

Shikamaru blushed. "Uh... Well, you see..." Shikamaru rubbed the back of his head. "About a month ago, uh... well, Temari and I... we had sex."

Asuma's face went a little red, but smiled. "You two are married, Shikamaru. It's only natural that you two have sex."

"Yeah, I know that, but with the whole serum thing, we've been trying to be more careful about it."

"So she doesn't end up like I was," Asuma stated more than asked.

"Yeah. Before you were cured from it, we weren't really doing anything, so it wasn't really a problem."

Asuma looked away. "I'm sorry."

Shikamaru blinked at him then realized what he just said. "No, it's not your fault. Don't worry about it. It's in the past and we're doing fine now."

Asuma looked back at him. "So then what's got you so worried?"

"Well, nothing's worrying me now."

"Now?"

"Well, the next day when we realized that we weren't so careful, we went to Tsunade and had her check Temari to see if we made a huge mistake and got the serum in her too."

"And? Did you?"

"No, that's the weird thing. She said there was no trace of it, but I know that I... uh... released myself inside her several times," he replied, getting red at the last part.

"So Temari's immune to the serum?" Asuma asked.

"I have no idea," Shikamaru said. "Tsunade said she was sure she was going to find a trace of it, but it's as if the serum doesn't react the same way it did with you and Guy."

Asuma thought about this for a second. "Maybe this serum was directed specifically towards men so that's why it's not affecting Temari."

"Maybe," Shikamaru said then took in a sharp breath and rubbed his stomach again. "Dang it, kid, why are you so active today?"

Asuma smiled. He looked at Shikamaru's stomach and longed to feel his child moving inside Shikamaru.

"You want to feel it?" Shikamaru suddenly asked.

Asuma was a bit surprised. "How did..."

"The way you were looking at me."

Asuma blushed a little. "Sorry."

"It's fine. Do you?"

Asuma nodded and got up from his seat. He sat back down next to Shikamaru and reached out towards Shikamaru's stomach, but stopped before he touched it.

Shikamaru rolled his eyes and grabbed Asuma's hand and placed it on his stomach where the baby was kicking.

Asuma's eyes went wide and a huge smile spread across his face. Shikamaru just laughed.