Chapter Twenty Two

ACT FIVE

As the sets were being changed, Ymir slipped backstage next to Krista. This set was the tomb, and one of the longest set changes in the play. Ymir was silent for a moment. There was no Reiner, no Mike, no one to disturb them.

"Krista." Ymir said softly.

Krista looked up at her, "Yes Ymir?"

Ymir took a deep breath, "What I said this morning. I meant it." She paused, "Even if you think me saying I love you is an exaggeration. I know it's not, but I do really, really like you..."

"Y-You do?" Krista's eyes widened.

"I-I do." Ymir nodded.

"You know, that's funny...because...I really like you too."

Ymir blushed bright red and gave a dumbfounded smile, "You do?" She knew that she would soon have to go on stage, but right now this was more important to her.

Krista nodded. "I do." 

"Then, after the show sometime, would you want to go on a-" The lights went up and Ymir groaned quietly, "Later, we will finish this conversation later." Ymir assured as she went on stage and started the Act.

------

The scenes went on and it was nearing the death scene. Ymir had killed Paris, played by Oluo, and was halfway through her monologue,

"Forgive me, cousin! Ah, dear Juliet, why art thou yet so fair? shall I believe that unsubstantial death is amorous, and that the lean abhorred monster keeps thee here in dark to be his paramour? For fear of that, I still will stay with thee; and never from this palace of dim night depart again: here, here will I remain with worms that are thy chamber-maids; O, here will I set up my everlasting rest, and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last! Arms, take your last embrace! and, lips, O you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss a dateless bargain to engrossing death! Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide! Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on the dashing rocks thy sea-sick weary bark! Here's to my love!"

Ymir took a drink from a bottle with a black lable and leaned on the slab set up in the middle of the stage where Krista lie,
"O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die."

After a moment or two, Marco entered carrying a lantern, crow and a spade

"Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night have my old feet stumbled at graves! Who's there?"

Gunther followed playing the part of Balthasar,
"Here's one, a friend, and one that knows you well."

Marco turned to face Gunther and smiled,

"Bliss be upon you! Tell me, good my friend, What torch is yond, that vainly lends his light to grubs and eyeless skulls? as I discern, it burneth in the Capel's monument."

Gunther kept his neutral expression as he spoke,
"It doth so, holy sir; and there's my master, one that you love."

Marco cocked his head to the side, "Who is it?"

Gunther looked towards the tomb, as if he didn't know what had happened there, "Romeo."

Marco turned to the tomb, then looked to Gunther horrified,
"How long hath he been there?"

Gunther responded, "Full half an hour."

Marco held out his free hand, "Go with me to the vault."