Chapter Eighteen

THREE HOURS BEFORE THE SHOW

Ymir walked in with her bag over her shoulder and Krista at her side. She had driven them there, and for Ymir it had been nothing but awkward silence, and short answers. Krista was all smiles the whole way to the school though, which wasn't unusual, but there was something different about it. Ymir just couldn't pinpoint what it was. It was going to be frustrating kissing her tonight...

Inside, Krista was bubbling with happiness. Ymir loved her...She couldn't get that out of her mind. She just kept repeating it over and over in her head. She couldn't believe it. She was just so happy. Sure it was a bit awkward in the car ride here, but nonetheless, that didn't stop Krista from smiling. 

The young girl cleared her throat and glanced up at the taller woman. "So, are you excited for tonight?" 

Ymir glanced down for a second and managed a smile, "Yeah. Opening night always gives me anxiety." Yeah, just opening night, idiot... Ymir insulted herself in her thoughts.

"Don't worry." Krista gave Ymir's arm a gentle squeeze. "You're going to do great." She looked up at Ymir with that same beautiful smile.

Ymir paused for a second when Krista touched her arm, "Th-Thanks..." She ran her fingers through her hair nervously as a light blush appeared on her face. "You'll do great too."

Krista's eyes glanced to the floor as she gently bit her lip. She looked back up, as a little pink blush glowed on her pale skin. "T-Thank you."

Ymir glanced back over and stared into Krista's eyes, "Hey, I-"

The girl was promptly interrupted by Reiner's entrance to the school, "C'mon Bertl! The girl at the drive through was totally hitting on me!" The boy laughed as he held the door for his friend with his foot, as his hand were full of McDonald's bags.

Bertholdt thanked Reiner and entered through the door. He knew that the lady at the drive-through wasn't actually flirting with him and his best friend took it the wrong way. He didn't want to have to argue with him, however. The boy just nodded his head in response to his friend, giving a small audible 'mmhmm.'

"All the chicks want a piece of Reiner." He smiled smugly and winked at Krista as he approached the two. "And how are you Krista?"

I'm gonna kill him... Ymir gave Reiner a death glare and said nothing.

Krista flashed a kind smile to the other blond. "I'm doing well thanks for asking! How are you Reiner?"

"I am doing fantastic." The boy continued to grin, "Are you ready for tonight?"

"Yup! I'm so excited!" She said happily.

"Well, Krista we better go get ready." Ymir not even for a second moved her death glare from Reiner, who didn't even notice, "Don't want to be only half ready when the show starts."

"O-Oh! Okay! Break legs you guys!" Krista waved as she began to head out the door to get her costume.

"See Bertl. Told you all the girls wanted some Reiner." He chuckled lightly, "Even Krista was flirting."

Ymir waited until Krista had left the room and then delivered a quick kick to Reiner's shin. Then she grabbed her costume and walked out the door to change.

"Ow! What did I do?" Reiner jumped slightly and rubbed his shin.

"R-Reiner, are you okay!?" Bertholdt said, rushing over to his friend.

"Yeah I'm fine, 'Romeo' just has a temper." He grimaced slightly.

Before Bertholdt could say anything else, the door opened and in stepped Annie. She was wearing some makeup and her hair was braided in a bun. The tallest turned to see her and in an instant, his face turned bright red. His eyes widened in surprise. Sweat poured from his face as he stared at her beauty.