Part 8

I awoke the next day with a start, I had just dreamt about Madeline getting whipped again, but I could not help and it was terrible she was whipped until she was almost dead, then was kicked several times and there she died. I cursed, walked over to Madeline's room and knocked. Madi opened, "Oh Ryuga, hi" She said with a smile, "Come in," she opened her door wider and let me in. I sighed and rubbed my eyes "thank you." I said giving her a hug. That surprised her. "What's wrong Ryuga?" She asked me worriedly, "I just had a bad dream, that's all." I told her, not wanting to reveal the entire dream. Her face was concerned. I wanted to be with her, to make sure she was ok, I would make sure that nobody would hurt her. "How are you feeling?" I asked changing the subject. "I am feeling much better, thank you, my back is still sore and the bandages kinda need to be changed but other than that I am feeling good." She said with a smile. "Good, ready for breakfast?" "If breakfast means stuffing my face with food, then absolutely." She said, I laughed, and we walked to the dining room, I had a tour of this place so I knew where everything was. There was once again a big long table, and I took my usual seat at the head and she sat beside me. Thank God for eggs and bacon, I was starving, it had been a day since i had last eaten, I think.

Madeline's POV

Three months later...

Battle bladers was beginning, and Ryuga had been training very hard. He wanted to beat Gingka badly, and he worked very hard, I did not see him too much, and when I did, he was always tired, but was always kind to me.

"Hey Ryuga!" I said when I saw him walking back to his room "Hey Madeline, how have you been?" He asked me tiredly, "I have been good, I haven't seen you much, and I miss you..." I replied sadly. He came and have me a hug, "I'm sorry, I just have been really busy. How about I take you out tomorrow? We can go get some food, or something." he told me. "Are you going to be up for that? You have been working hard, and maybe too hard." I said with a concerned look. He sighed, "I will try, I really want to spend some time with you, I have not seen you much this month." He said, giving me a kiss on my head, I wanted to be with him, I remembered the time when he took me to the carnival before I had got whipped, I missed the time we were on the boat, and where he kissed me, I missed that Ryuga, but this one was almost always angry. "Ryuga, I would love to out with you tomorrow," I said, "Good, I will make time for you, I promise." He said before giving me another hug and walking into his room. I sighed, I missed him so much.

I decided to call Madoka, see what she was up to today. "Hello?" She picked up "Hey Madoka, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out today, maybe go and get some coffee?" "Hey Madi! Yea I would love to, wait, whats wrong? Did Ryuga do something to you?" She asked, I smiled "No, he is just busy, and I need to see a friend." "Oh ok, wanna meet me at starbucks?" "Yea, ok see you there!" "OK!"

I knocked on Ryuga's door, "Hello?" I heard him yell, "Come in!" I opened the door, to find him lying face down on his bed, "Hey Ryuga, I was just letting you know I am going to get some coffee with Madoka." I said shyly, "hmm, ok, do you want me to drive you? No actually I will drive you. Just let me-" "N-No! It's ok, you are tired, please rest." I begged him "No, I want to drive you." he argued, "Ryuga, you need rest!" I fought back, he sat up, I had not realised that he was only wearing sweatpants, "Madi. I want to drive you. I don't care if I need rest, you are alone and told Madoka that you would meet her to get some coffee." He could see that I was concerned. "I'll be fine Madi, besides you don't have a car." he got up, "Are you sure? You need the rest, you have been working very hard." I worriedly asked him, he walked over to me and touched my face, "I'm sure Madeline." He picked up his tank off of the floor and put it on.

"Ryuga, the day after tomorrow, is the start of Battle Bladers. Are you ready?" I asked when we got in the car, "I think so, as you know I have been working hard. I know you have been working hard also in your training, correct? He asked in response, "Yes, I have, I want to become strong and I am a lot stronger since I have had my first lesson. I know you will do great!" We got to starbucks, "Can I get you anything Ryuga?" "Umm... just some black, caffeinated coffee. Thanks." He told me "Wow, really creative." I said with a smirk. "Whatever, when do you want me to pick you up?" He smiled. "I'll have Madoka drive me back." I told him "Madi why don't you want me to pick you up?" "Because you need rest." he rolled his eyes, "Look, your getting me coffee, so I will be fine. I am coming to pick you up, please tell me what time." "Fine, can you pick me up at 3:30 please? Why Ryuga, I want you to get some rest, battle bladers is in two days and you need to have as much strength as you can." he looked at me and smiled, I will rest while you are gone, ok?" I just nodded. "I will be fine." he said giving me a hug.

"Hey Madi!" Makoka said when I walked in, she was in line, "Hey!" I said giving her a hug, "I saw Ryuga drive you, I thought you said he was busy." "I did, he insisted on driving me, I practically begged him not to, but he is stubborn, he has been working too hard." I sighed. "Wow, that is unfortunate, Gingka has also been working hard in training, he wants to beat Ryuga so badly." she responded "I think they want so badly to beat each other," I said with a roll of my eyes." We both laughed, "So," I asked when we sat down "Have you started dating Gingka yet?" I asked with a laugh. She rolled her eyes, "No, he is too busy." she responded, then smirked "How about you, started dating Ryuga?" Technically yes, but we have not gone on a date since the carnival." I rolled my eyes, "ohhh!" she smirked, "Hey! I know you have a crush on Gingka, so 'ohh' yourself." I took a sip of my coffee, I was glad I had a good friend like Madoka, I could tell her anything and she would not judge, even if she was not Ryuga's biggest fan.