Part 7

"Well, how was that? Did you have fun?" He asked me when we got in the car, I smiled widely "That was probably the best night of my life." he gave me a smile back "I'm glad. Now do you want to go grab some food, I am hungry, and it's only 10 so we have another hour before Doji wants us back." "Yea, I am also hungry."

We drove to a, sushi place, he ordered for us to go, I got the California roll, and he got, the spicy tuna. Then we drove to a cherry blossom orchard, found a place where we could be in private and ate our food.

"I'll be right back Madi, ok?" I nodded, he got up and left the table, so I sat alone. I heard a twig snap, "Ryuga?" I whispered. Someone's hands went over my mouth and eyes, I screamed, but it was muffled my the hand. "I finally found you," I heard a voice say. I tore the hand away. "RYUGA!" I yelled, but that was all I could say before the hand went back over my mouth. The man dragged me aways and tied my hands to a tree, my back was facing the man. Nobody was around so if I screamed no one would hear. "Since you left, we are going to need to make up all the whips. I heard a crack of the whip that would soon sting my back "NO! Please please don't hurt me!" I screamed back at the man. "It's too late." The first lash came. This was a new whip, not the one I was used to this one had three leather tips.

Ryuga's POV

I walked back, to find Madeline gone, "Ahhh!" I heard a scream, "Madeline?!" I yelled her name, but she was nowhere to be found. "Shoot!" I dropped the tub of ice cream I was holding and started running in the direction of the scream. I looked around, "Please stop!" that was Madeline's voice, I followed it. I saw the man, he was huge, and he was whipping Madeline. "Madeline!" I quickly ran up to the man and punched him in the face, I was strong so I did a lot of damage. "Who are you?" He growled. I glared at him, I was furious, "Don't hurt her! How dare you hurt her? You know who I am, Josh!" "R-Ryuga?!" He stuttered, "I-I am sorry..." "NO! NO you are not!" I kicked him. "Get your bey out!" He yelled, "you have never beat me in a bey battle before!" He smirked, I laughed "If you insist!" I got L-drago out. He was going to pay. "Let it Rip!" I yelled launching my bey. "Let it rip." our battle was not long, I would have loved to torture him, but I had to get Madeline. I hit his bey out of the stadium "Don't ever come after Madeline again! Do you understand?" he nodded, got up, and left.

I ran over to Madeline, she was almost unconscious. "Madeline, can you hear me." I asked her worriedly, "Ry-Ryuga, pl-please help me." she stammered and fell into unconsciousness. I untied her hands, and she fell into my arms "I got you," I told her several times, stroking her hair. I saw tears stream down her face. I picked her up bridal style, and carried her to my car, set her down in the front seat, and drove her to the hospital.

"Hello, I have an emergency, please help," I told the front desk, I had Madeline in my arms "Oh my!" The women sitting there had her hand over her mouth, Madeline's blue dress was torn and bloody and her face bruised , her back was almost shreds "What happened?" The women asked me as she showed me into a room, "She was abused, she came from a village that hurt her, tonight a man came to take her back, and whipped her. I told her franticly. I laid Madeline on the hospital bed, her back facing me, I never got a good look at the wounds, but it was worse than I had thought. The doctor came in, "Oh my..." she walked over and got some cleaning stuff, "So, this stuff will sting a little ok sweetie," She told Madi even though she could not hear her. I was sitting down, I wanted Madi in my arms again, "Sir, are you her boyfriend?" the doctor asked me, I nodded, "I am sorry, but you will need to wait in the sitting area." I sighed and walked out of the room, I guess I would need to call Doji, we would be late. "Hello?" Doji picked up "Doji it's Ryuga, Madeline was just whipped and I am at the hospital, I am staying here with her, so I might not be back till tomorrow." "Oh my, that is terrible, well, ok. I will move your things for you, you want Madeline's room right by yours right?" He asked "Yes. and I want the entire floor to ourselves, got it?" "Yes sir." I hung up, ran my fingers through my hair, and cursed. I paced the room, it was all I could do. I was finally called back into the room after two hours. It was now 1:30 in the morning and I was tired. "R-Ryuga?" I heard Madeline ask. "I am here," I told her stroking her hair. She was bandaged. "I-I am s-sorry, I r-ruined our, our night." she told me, her face was apologetic. "Madeline you did not ruin our night, that was not your fault, I still had a great time," I told her and kissed her forehead. She reached for my hand, I took hers and squeezed lightly. "She will be able to go home tomorrow." The doctor told me. "Ok, thank you." I replied. "Ryuga, please don't go." Madi beged me. I pulled up a chair next to her bed. "I won't, I promise, I wasn't going to leave even of you asked me too." I caressed her hand. And we both fell asleep.

I walked Madeline out of the hospital, it was around 8:30 am. I hoped that they were almost finished moving, although moving Merci was hard, but Doji could take care of that. "How are you feeling Madeline?" I asked her, I had been worrying about her all morning. "I am ok, my back hurts alot though." she told me. "I am sorry, if I was there I could have stopped it." I said, taking her hand, "It's ok, what were you doing anyway?" she asked me. "Well I had brought some ice cream for us, I was just getting it out of the car." I told her. She smiled. I helped her into the car. "This new location is a little further than our last one." I told her, started the car and started driving. "When we get back, I am letting you sleep, we were up late last night," I told her, she just nodded tiredly, I was also tired, we had only gotten a little sleep last night.

When we got there it was 9:45 and Doji was waiting for us, "Master Ryuga, what happened?" He asked me, I was holding Madeline's hand and he noticed. "As I said on the phone, she was whipped." I said coldly "But, who whipped her?" "Doji, can I talk after I get Madi too bed." "Sure, her room is 305 on the 4th floor." I grunted a reply, and walked Madeline to her room. "Here we are. I said opening the door. Her room was just as beautiful as the last one, maybe even more so, it still had dragons, I hoped mine had dragons too, "Thank you Ryuga, for a wonderful night last night. I am sorry it got ruined." she said, giving me a kiss on my cheek, I smiled, "your welcome, I am so glad you had a good time, I am sorry about what happened, but you did not ruin my night, I am just so so sorry, I know it ruined yours because, you are the one, who uh got hurt." I kissed her head. "Now sleep, you need it." I started walking away, but she grabbed my wrist. "Ryuga... I love you." she pulled me into a hug. "Madi I love you too. You are my beautiful dragon empress." I said, and kissed her lightly on the lips, she knew I was known as the dragon emperor, I have been calling myself that for along time. "Dragon empress? I like that, I am your dragon empress." she said with a smile and let me go, I needed her to sleep.

When I left her room Doji was waiting for me. "So, how was your date," he asked with a smirk. "It was great until she got whipped," I said annoyed. "Who whipped her?" "A man named Josh, she was abused back at the village you took me from, and they came to get her back." I told him "Now I am going to bed, I am tired." He just nodded. "Your room is across from hers!" he called after me. I walked in my room and collapsed on my bed. "Dang it, it's too bright." I got up and shut the curtains. And got back in bed. And almost immediately fell asleep.