Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

Bertholdt nodded, a sad look in his eyes as he began to help his friend up. Reiner held to the taller male as the lights went down and a spotlight focused on Ymir while the other two walked off stage,

"This gentleman, the prince's near ally, my very friend, hath got his mortal hurt in my behalf; my reputation stain'd with Tybalt's slander,--Tybalt, that an hour hath been my kinsman! O sweet Juliet, thy beauty hath made me effeminate and in my temper soften'd valour's steel!"

Just then, Bertholdt rushed back on the stage. "O Romeo, Romeo! Brave Mercutio's-" 

Before he could continue, he suddenly tripped over Reiner's sword which was still laying on the ground.

Ymir's arms shot out and she caught Berthold and looked down at him slightly shocked, "Finish your line..." She whispered as quietly as she could to him.

A few seconds of silence washed over Bertholdt, his face was entirely red. He had to keep saying his lines, but he just couldn't. Finally, after a few more seconds, he continued his line. 

"....Brave M-Mercutio's dead. That gallant spirit h-hath aspired the clouds, W-Which too untimely here d-did scorn the earth."

Ymir was patient with Bertholdt as he recited his line. She gently helped him to a standing position before saying her line,
"This day's black fate on more days doth depend; This but begins the woe, others must end."

Bertholdt still had that fearful look on his face as he pointed off stage to where Eren had left,
"H-Here comes the furious Tybalt back again!"

Ymir turned to face Eren's entrance and scowled,
"Alive, in triumph! and Mercutio slain! Away to heaven, respective lenity, and fire-eyed fury be my conduct now! Now, Tybalt, take the villain back again, that late thou gavest me; for Mercutio's soul is but a little way above our heads, Staying for thine to keep him company: Either thou, or I, or both, must go with him."

Eren went toe to toe with Ymir, but the intimidating look he was going for did not work,
"Thou, wretched boy, that didst consort him here, shalt with him hence."

Ymir put her hand on her sword and shoved Eren with her shoulder,
"This shall determine that."

The two fought. After the few moments of fighting, Eren fell to the ground. 

Bertholdt, even though feeling as if he was going to die himself, rushed over to Ymir and grabbed her shoulders. Tears began forming in his eyes, his lip was slightly quivering as he spoke,
"R-Romeo, away, be gone! The citizens are up, and Tybalt slain. S-Stand not amazed: the prince will doom thee death, If thou art taken: hence, be gone, away!"

Ymir started off stage, "O, I am fortune's fool!"

Bertholdt practically screamed to Ymir, his voice cracking a bit. "Why dost thou stay?!" 

Ymir exited and the scene continued.

----------

Bertholdt, as he continued his scene on stage, felt his heart beating rapidly inside his chest. So much so that it felt as if it could pop right out of his chest. He delivered his lines with a bit of stammer. Yet, he tried to keep his cool. Thankfully, the scene concluded and the lights went out. Bertholdt made his way backstage and stood there for a few seconds. Tears welled up in his eyes once again as he sprinted out into the hallway, making a b-line for the bathroom.

Once Reiner had gotten up from the floor after his death he noticed that something was off about Bertholdt. He gave the boy a few seconds before following him into the bathroom, "Hey, Bertholdt?"