• Chapter Fifteen - Jeremy •

⊰↠ G E O R G I A  P.O.V. ↞⊱

"Jeremy huh?" I said, my face falling.

"It's just, I heard Chris mumble something about him. He seemed angry; I wanted to know why." Meadow said slowly.

The horrific memory came rushing to mind.

"I just don't know if this is something I can talk about," I stated quietly.

"Hey, you can trust me! I won't tell Chris, technically I'm not even supposed to talk to him." Meadow said, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

'Meadow is really nice, she's my friend. I should be able to trust her right?'

"Ok, I'll tell you." I said, giving in.

Meadow smiled.

"The first, and only time I have seen Jermey was when we were in seventh grade..."

***

I was sitting at the curb waiting for my mom, as always she's late again. But I don't blame her, working at an ER is probably a lot of work.

At least I wasn't a hundred percent alone, Chris was still here. We've been waiting for about three hours, and Chris has called, what I assume to be his brother, ten times. Screaming at him over and over.

I tried not to look at him, feeling slightly awkward. Then, we heard a car skid down the street. Our heads snapped to the swerving car headed towards us.

Chris got up and walked over to the car. The window rolled down and Chris leaned in.

"Come on little shit, let's go." The person in the car said.

"You do understand you are three hours late, right?" Chris said, his voice tormenting.

"Sorry about that Christine, I was with my friends." His possible brother said.

"How many times do I have to tell you, that is not my name!" Chris screamed.

"Hey, come on chill bro." His now official brother said.

"You think you can just show up here this late, and think I will just let it go?" Chris yelled again.

'Chris always had quite a temper, but this time I don't blame him.'

His brother was getting out of the car now. He pushed Chris up against the door.

"Listen up, you're lucky I even came to pick you up." His brother said coldly.

"Get off me!" Chris yelled, and pushed his brother back. "You're always late! You had to pick me up just once this month, and you couldn't even do that? You're always off with your stoner buddies, you act like I don't know that! I'm thirteen now, I know what your doing. I know it's illegal too. I know you are a total piece of crap, with nothing but drugs to keep you company! You're worthless, you don't deserve to be in this family!" Chris yelled, glaring at his brother.

Then the world seemed to stop...

Chris's brother punched him. My heart began racing again.

Chris looked towards the ground, then slowly turned his face to look at his brother again. If I could even still call him that anymore, he didn't seem like a brother. Not one bit.

Chris's nose began bleeding down across his lips. Chris's gaze was like a retaliation to the punch. It was the most  unnerving glare I had ever seen. And his brother seemed to notice that.

He pushed Chris into the car. Then, Chris finally noticed I was there, as he was looking out the window. His face went from angry, to worried. It was like, he was begging me not to say anything. 

***

"Then, he was gone. I never said a single word to anyone. I wanted to, but I just couldn't." I said, ashamed.

"I get it, it's hard to say things about other people. It feels like it's not our place." Meadow said, assuring me. "I never would have thought Chris could have someone like this in his family."

"Yeah. I try to always remember, not to judge someone just from what they seem like. But what they are actually like." I said.

"You know, you're a really great person Georgia." Meadow said.

"So are you, Meadow." I said smiling.

"And I'm glad we go to such a caring school." Meadow said, putting emphasis on caring.

"Well, we do pay way over the average for this school."

"Yeah, but sometimes I feel like we're in a kindergarten." Meadow said sarcastically. "I'm surprised my sister could afford to send me here."

"Your sister?" I asked.

"Umm yeah, my sister is my guardian." Meadow said awkwardly.

I dropped the subject immediately, it's clear she doesn't want to explain this to me.

I checked my phone, a text from my mom:

Come to the agency after school, big news.

I sighed.

♚~ C H L O E P.O.V ~♚

"Chris." I said.

"Chris." I repeated.

"Chris! I swear if you don't listen to me right now!" I screamed.

"What?" Chris asked rudely.

"As I was saying, I think you should give me your grandmother's ring Friday." I said, admiring my perfect fingers.

Chris wasn't paying attention again. I leaned over to see what he had his attention locked onto.

'Gross, Meadow. That catty four year old, that is totally after my boyfriend.'

"Chris, I'm going to tell your parents that you aren't paying attention to me. Also, that you aren't treating me like your girlfriend." I demanded.

Chris's head snapped to me, "don't even think about it."

"Then pay attention, I want your grandmother's ring. I want everyone to know that I'm your girlfriend, and that you love me." I said, rubbing Chris's arm.

"It's true, I'm your boyfriend." Chris taunted. "But I will never love you."

My face went pale. I got up, and stormed off to the bathroom.

As I was screaming in frustration in my head, I ran into someone. 

"Watch where you are going!" I said harshly. 

"I was." 

"Lucas." I said in shock. "I'm sorry."

Lucas scoffed, "no, you aren't. You never are."

He pushed past me, leaving me with tears in my eyes.