Chapter 2

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my story! I'm sorry that chapter two took so long. This chapter is dedicated to Strawberry_Lemonade for being an amazing friend. About half way through (I think), she gave me the best idea ever, the lunch lady (heh, heh. Guess who). Again I apoligize for any gramatical and puntuation errors. And yes, another all Nami POV chapter, at this rate I believe that 91.99% of the story is going to be from her perspective. Anyway, enough talking. On with the story!

________________________________________________________________________

Nami's POV

Herman paused as the class stared in shock at him. After a moment of surveying us he decided that he was satisfied by our reaction. He then pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket.

"So it seems that I'm supposed to teach you about f***ing ancient China." After slamming the paper onto his desk, Mr. Herman began a long lecture on the Chinese people.

This lecture went on for over an hour through the lunch bell; we didn't bother to get up and leave for the fear of his wrath. It probably would have went on longer if Mr. Ningyō hadn't come in demanding why he wasn't at the meeting he was supposed to be at. I was seriously beginning to doubt whether we were going to get anything out of history besides a larger and more colorful vocabulary. During his speech Mr. Herman would just go off into rants of cursing. So minus the swearing, which happened to be about 2/3rds of it, I really don't think that he knew anything about China. As far as I remembered the Chinese weren't immortal and didn't worship a god named Jashin.

I was walking out of the classroom Cora close behind when I saw Cain sprinting down the hallway glancing back now and then. I was just about to call out to him to ask what was wrong when I saw Mr. Hayashi rounding the corner. His eyes were strangely red instead of the normal onyx. As soon as he saw the students exiting the history classroom he stopped short. His expression changed from angry and annoyed to the mask of indifference he always wore. Cain used this as a get away to make it around the corner and off to somewhere else in the building.

I could practically see hearts appear in the eyes of the girls in the class as they spotted Mr. Hayashi. Some of them let out fan girl screams as they all rushed toward him asking if he wanted to have lunch with them. Mr. Hayashi coolly ignored them as he walked briskly in the direction Cain had gone.

"I wonder why Cain was running from Mr. Hayashi." Cora wondered aloud.

I shrugged. "I don't know. But it looked like he was in trouble."

"Trouble? Probably." Cora tilted her head in thought. "But something tells me that he wasn't just searching for the answer to his research so he sought out advice from the good witch uh, Mr. Jack who told him to go find the wonderful biology teacher of Dawn, Mr. Hayashi, to get help. And later ended up having tea with Mr. Hayashi and Mr. Āto, the wicked art teacher of the west and accidentally spilled his chamomile tea on Mr. Āto. And then Mr. Āto melted from the water in the tea and then Cain felt guilty so he ran away. So then it was up to Mr. Hayashi to avenge Mr. Āto who is now a pile of goo."

I stared at Cora trying to process the story that had just sprouted form her mouth. That also just so happened to bare remarkable resemblance to the Wizard of Oz in some strange way. Cora however took no notice of my mental state and dragged me to the cafeteria.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

The cafeteria was filled with sound of shuffling feet and voices. Cora and I fell into line with the other students. As we neared I noticed there was only one cafeteria lady standing behind the counter. That's funny. This school might be small, but not small enough for only one lunch lady.

She wore the standardized shower cap (I'm not joking. She was wearing a flower print shower cap instead of a hair net) with a mask that covered her mouth and nose, and what I could see of her face, way too much makeup. She was, lets say.... Big boned, tall and had the build of a man.

I was picking out my lunch when I suddenly realized that the person in front of me had stopped. I skidded to a stop almost bumping in to them. I could hear shouting about four people ahead of me. I leaned to the side to get a look at what was going on, from what I could see it was a student fighting with the lunch lady. By now the whole cafeteria was dead silent as the yelling match went on.

"What do you mean there is no seafood! It was on the menu!" The student cried. I tilted my head to the side, they had a lunch menu already?

"Well it was put on the menu without my permission so I took it off!" Strangely if I hadn't known better I would have thought that the lunch lady was a man speaking in falsetto.

"Well this is an outrage! Putting incorrect information on the school website and not taking it off! What is your problem with seafood anyway?!?" I bit my lip trying not to giggle at how ridiculous they sounded.

"Problem with seafood?!?! What's wrong with protecting the creatures of the ocean?!?!" The cafeteria lady's voice was sounding more like a man's than a woman's now.

"And you're okay with cows and pigs and chicken being slaughtered?!?

"Yes I am." The student whoever he was seemed taken back by her (?) frank response. "Now off to the principles office with you, young man."

The boy opened his mouth to say something, but the lunch lady sent him a hard glare. This caused him to drop his tray and hurry out of the room. Silence hung in the air long after the boom of the door closing. The cafeteria lady looked around questioningly, "Would anyone like to join him?"

No one said anything; I think we were all in to much shock on how she had made a student flee the cafeteria. "Well then, get your lunches 'cause I don't have all day. And I don't want to stay in this ridiculous outfit any longer."

We all quickly abided not wanting the consequences of making her wait. Once Cora and I had gotten our food we made it for outside.

The warm sun shone onto my back as I sat down on the back lawn and began eating my lunch. I completely zoned out on Cora's rambling about nothing and everything. I was thinking about what Cain had said earlier about choosing what people in real life would you choose to represent the Akatsuki. What was this research? And what did the question have to do with it? For some reason I felt that it was somehow important.

Though there was one problem with answering it. I frowned to myself, I didn't know to much about the Akatsuki. I had only read the first part and all the episodes I had watched had been chosen by Cora. Which can be translated into she chose a bunch of random episodes she liked.

I paused for a moment summoning up everything (which was not much) I knew about the Akatsuki. Okay, it included Itachi, Sasuke's older brother, Kisame, the shark guy, and um, Zetzu, the carnivorous plant, Deidara, the one who blew stuff up, and Tobi, the childish and later creepy one. I knew that I had missed a few. I sighed. I was going to either ask Cora (the less reliable source) or do some research.

I looked up as Cora said something that caught my attention. "What did you just say?"

"Hm? Oh! Doesn't Mr. Herman remind you a little of Hidan?" When she saw that I was confused she added. "He's in the Akatsuki. Carries a triple bladed scythe, is immortal, worships the god named Jashin, his partner's Katuzu the guy who is obsessed with money." It suddenly clicked everything from Herman's speech. The Chinese being immortal and worshiping a god named Jashin.

The same thing must have just have occurred to Cora because her eyes widened. "No way."

I nodded. "Cain's question?"

A grin crossed Cora's face. "Do you really think that it's possible that it has to do something with the staff?"

"Could be. Why don't look into it when we get home. I think the school site has something on each of the teachers."

I could see Cora's eyes shining. "Alright! Let's do this!"