Chapter 16: Cooling Off

Start from the beginning

We fixed everything back to its places and we turned off the lights. Me and Cheska undressed ourselves and lied down on the bed. We shared the same blanket and hugged each other.

"Good night, honey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheska woke me up early in the morning after she cooked our breakfast. We ate and prepared our lunch boxes then took the bath together.

After getting all dressed and ready, we went out of the room to see Mina outside of their room carrying her bag. "Oniichan! Cheska-nee! Good morning!"

"Good morning, Mina.", we greeted her as Mr. Natsume came to fetch us and we followed him until we saw the Van parked in front of the mansion. We went in and rode for school.

~~~~~~

As we went inside our classroom, many of our classmates greeted us. There are also our friends there, chatting together.

"Welcome back, ninja!", shouted Kyosuke and Yushiko as they pulled me away from Cheska and did some weird jokes on me that made me laugh. Cheska joined Sakura and Ayumi and chatted together.

Minutes had passed when the teacher for our morning subject came. Her name is Ms. Villalon, the Math Elective teacher. Shoot. I really hate this of all subjects..

Time had passed slowly as Ms. Villalon started her lecture about Algebra. I couldn't help myself but be bored and get sleepy. Im afraid to do so because Ms. Villalon does not patronize any student and had the legendary record of sending the most number of students to the "Detention Room". She threatened all of us, not even exempting Cheska, that if ever any of us violates any rules of class will go there without hesitation for utmost discipline.

My eyelids were getting heavier minute-by-minute. Oh no. Please, someone please wake me up.

Then someone threw  a crumpled ball of paper at me. I was so surprised and everyone who were bored as me noticed it and suppressed their laughter as hard as they could. Cheska were so busy taking notes.

"Who the heck did that?", I mumbled and looked around. I almost laughed too when I saw them having a hard time expressing their laughter. They were pointing at Kyosuke who were clapping his mouth from laughter with the hand language of peace sign. I smiled darkly and picked the ball of paper. I ensured first that Ms. Villalon wasn't looking and threw the ball on Yushiko who were banging his head from sleepiness. Everyone except Cheska were laughing softly now as Yushiko were looking around.

"X squared when divided by the product of..", said Ms. Villalon as she were on the heat of lecturing on the board. She noticed and heard the soft and restrained laughter of the whole class.

She stared at us for a long time and we pretended that we are jotting down some notes. She continued lecturing again.

Then a few more minutes passed and the math class is over. Someone from the back threw a paper plane that flew where Ms. Villalon were standing. I clapped my mouth in horror and resumed on my pretention.

Ms. Villalon noticed the stupid paper and picked it up, "Who among you made this?!", she said in a very threatening voice.

Everyone were so silent and didn't answer. "So you won't answer me huh? Everyone please go to the Detention Room NOW!"

Then we stood up and went for the door when Ms. Villalon said, "Wait. Who among you is Hiro Yamada?", She just unfolded the paper and noticed that Hiro's name were written on it. Hiro is the joker gay on our classroom and was often a victim for detentions.

"Wait! Its not me!", shouted Hiro with humor and everyone doubled with laughter. "I mean it guys!"

"DETENTION, MR. HIRO! COME WITH ME TO THE OFFICE!", Ms. Villalon shouted and went out of the room.

Hiro went in front of the class and imitated Ms. Villalon's act and we laughed so hard. He soon followed Ms. Villalon.

Then when they left, everyone were throwing paper balls at each other. I even participated and threw them at my classmates. It was a good opportunity to be able to live a joyous and normal life.

"Head's up, David!", shouted Yushiko and threw me at my head. "Payback time!"

"Speak for yourself!", I said and also threw at him and Kyosuke. The three of us were targeting each other.

"All right guys, that's quite enou-", Cheska went in front to control the class as the President but she was also bombarded with paper balls. She was poker faced at first and everyone stopped. She picked one paper ball, gripped it hard, smiled darkly and shouted, "YOU ASKED FOR IT. BRING IT ON!!"

And the whole class shouted in joy and had a paper ball warfare that we really enjoyed a lot until we are forced to do a general cleaning by the next teacher.

But what matters was that we are so happy and we had a good time just to cool off from all the fights we experienced!