• Chapter 1 •

Start from the beginning

"I miss you guys..." I whispered. "I wish you could have been here for my graduation," I sobbed, tightening my grip on the railing until my knuckles became white.

"I wish Mama could pat my head right now... but it seems that is a faraway dream."

I took a deep breath, trying to remember why I had chosen this path in the first place.

◇ ◇ ◇

I was sitting by the TV that day. My phone had been resting at my side the whole time, my hands folded across my lap as I awaited my parents' call.

They had gone out to the store to buy milk.
It had been raining all night and the weatherman had predicted thunderstorms. Nothing unusual since it was the beginning of April.

Mother had also decided to buy me a cake for my birthday, saying that it would be a beautiful surprise for me when she got back home.

I waited patiently, my body alert to any sounds coming from my phone.

Just then, it rang my body perked upwards in happiness.

I loved my parents dearly.
My father was my greatest support and he constantly reminded me how proud he was of me. My mother was my best friend, always helping me when I was in trouble.

My heart sank as I heard the voice of a stranger at the end of the line.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Who is this? Why do you have my mother's phone?"

"Oh, so you're the daughter of the deceased."

My body froze, my hand loosening its grip on the phone.

My eyes became a river as the water ran down my cheeks.

What had I done to deserve this?

What horrible act had I committed in my past life to deserve this huge misfortune?

In disbelief, I picked up the phone from the floor, trying my best to speak to whoever was at the other end of the line. He walked me through my agony, setting up a meeting time, the funeral arrangements, and who would take care of me.

I had become good friends with his son, Jackson, who took care of me as an older brother would.

He and his son became my alternative family, second to my uncle and aunt.

Still, the fact that I had lost the two most precious jewels of my life remained.

I was alone.

All but my dog had been lost that day.

My reason for living had vanished so quickly, that I still found it hard sometimes. The thought of them being gone was too much for me.

Who would help me fight off the bullies who teased me for my weight?

Who would be there for my graduation?

Who would walk me down the aisle?

Who would hold my hand and tell me 'it's okay to be afraid of the dark?'?

Who would make the pain of betrayal go away?

I wasn't safe here.

This place where I was left, was no longer safe, but had it ever been safe?

◇ ◇ ◇

I glanced down at the ground, taking one last breath, before pushing myself forward, closing my eyes to await the feeling of the cold cement ground hitting my body.

I had no reason to live.

I had no one.

I was no one.

I would rather die.

◇◆◇◆◇

🐨A/N: I hope you enjoyed this. I got the idea for this Fan Fiction from my little sister. She said; "If you were invisible, where would you go?"
And like the big Jin Stan I am, I said; "I'd go live with Jin."
That's when it clicked.
Idea! Idea!

I hope you'll like this one. Not a lot of people take the time to read my fanfictions, but I appreciate those who do.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

~♔~