Thirster 2467: 19.

"He's not just a vampire Lee." Marilyn says to the woman who raised her. They walk in silence to Agent Doloman's office.

"He is only a vampire and that can't change." They don't look at each other but stare straight ahead. Marilyn sighs while shaking her head.

"You saw how he acted around me. He cares about me, a human for crying out loud."

"Have you thought for one second that maybe he's doing this so he can get to you? So he can escape with your help?" Lee exclaims pausing from walking and jolting Marilyn to a stop. "Don't you think that sometimes?"

Marilyn has thought about it but vaguely. Most of the things Pierce has done around her doesn't show that he's just using her. He's protecting her in Marilyn's eyes. Most of us he definitely has feelings for her from kissing her lips and holding her tightly...

"No I haven't actually." She lies and Lee stares into her brilliantly dazed eyes. They shine brighter from the overhead lights hanging above them and even though she's feeling rejected, they still make her seem strong.

"I'm not saying he is Marilyn. I did see the way the vampire acted around you. However I was wondering if this is all just a game of his because all my life I've never seen a vampire act like this." Marilyn shrugs and runs her hands over her thighs because they start to moist.

"If he is than it's all my fault and I deserve what's going to come ahead." Lee slightly shakes her head in disappointment and they both start walking once again. Marilyn didn't talk at all and Lee didn't spill a word. They both kept everything to themselves but in the back of Marilyn's head she just couldn't stop thinking about Pierce.

Although as a final thought she wondered maybe he's using his controlling powers on her? She shakes her head to herself. Soon they arrive to Agent Doloman's office and Lee softly knocks on the door. A voice from inside says that they can come in and Lee opens the door.

Marilyn heads in first and looks around the large room. There stood leaning up against the wall was Dr. Sammis and sitting at his desk was Agent Doloman. They stop talking when Marilyn stands in the middle of the room frightened.

"Lee I would appreciate it if you leave it to us to talk privately with Marilyn." Agent Doloman firmly says to Lee who is standing besides the opened door.

"I think it's better if I stay here as a guardian of Marilyn."

"She's old enough to handle things alone." He quickly replies back, glaring at her straight ahead. Marilyn turns to Lee and gives her a slight nod to show her that she's okay. Lee purses her lips into a thin line before walking out of the office and closing the door behind her.

"How are you Marilyn?" Agent Doloman asks her and she sarcastically laughs.

"Oh well everything is doing great. Being locked up with an electric band around my ankle and getting a painful shock." She nods her head. "Everything is wonderful." She turns her head to Dr. Sammis who is chuckling under his breath.

"I take the blame. The whole electric volt idea was mine." She crosses her arms over her chest and rolls her eyes.

"Take it off of me." Marilyn demands and Dr. Sammis pushes himself off from leaning on the wall.

"You don't deserve to get out of this easy."

"Sammis enough." Agent Doloman shuts him up while he sighs impatiently. Marilyn stands there waiting for him to talk. She also wonders about Pierce and if they brought her here just so they can kill him back there.

"So why am I here?"

"Marilyn you've caused many problems in here." Her heart starts to race when he pauses. "Many of the scientists are very angry. You helped many humans suffer a terrible death from vampires just to save one."