I pulled out onto the highway, I had to get out of the gang. They'd seen Ali and went after her, worse is that I had too. I hadn't known it was Ali at first, but then I'd recognized her jeans, I felt bad. Really bad.

My rang beside me, hesitantly I grabbed it. It was a text from Ali wondering if I was picking her up, I responded and headed to my grandma's house. Grandma would know what to do, she always did.

Grandma's home was in Barnum Minnesota, somewhere I always was as a kid. Whenever my parents were fight, I'd call Grandma and she'd come pick me up.

When I got there, 45min later, I strutted straight up to the door, knowing that I wouldn't be able to stay long. I knocked on the door before pushing it opening.

Grandma raced towards me, "Colten! I didn't know you were coming! Come in, come in, hun," Gram hurried to rush me into the kitchen.

"Gram, Ive got a...situation," I sat down on the bar stool.

"What is it, dear?" she grabbed the plate of cookies and brought then over to me.

"I...I'm dating this one girl and...I don't know what to do," I sighed, raking my hands through my hair and blowing out a breath, "She's not like the other girls, Gram, shes quiet and shy, not to mention she may have a temper that I don't know about."

Gram's eyes softened, "Oh, hun, you haven't told her have you?"

"No, it was hard to even tell you, and shes just so...innocent, I don't know what to do," if any of the guys knew that I could be like this, they'd try and whoop my ass.

"Hun, if you love her and plan to stay with her, you've got to tell her, lies are what rip a relationship to shreds," she sat on the stool next to me.

"I know, Gram, don't I know it," I raked my hands through my hair.

"Don't you ever get sick of it?" Gram asked, thus changing the subject.

"Get sick of what?" I looked at here.

"Of dying your hair that awful color," she ruffled my hair.

I shrugged, "I don't mind, its not like it makes anything different."

She nodded thoughtfully, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't think I'll be able to tell her, Gram," I whispered, "I don't want her to leave me, that would kill me."

"You either have to tell her or.."

"Or what? Leave her? As you may know, Gram, Ive been considering that, Im just poisoning her way of thinking, and I know that, but the thought of leaving her kills me."

"I know, but its not good for your relationship if your always lying to her," she hugged me.

I sighed, "Do you want to meet her? I'm taking her to the dance tonight, maybe you could stay at my house for tonight and Ill drive you back tomorrow."

"Oh, I'd love to," she clapped her hands together like Chloe would do. If Chloe found out that I was even thinking of leaving Ali, she'd murder me and then charm the cops and get away with murder.

I smiled, reaching for a cookie.

"Let me go pack a bag, will your father be there?"

I shook my head, "He's never home, he pays the bills, but is off living the good life."

She frowned, "Where on earth did he ever get the money?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "His business is pretty big now, in Europe."