Encounter

Soon returned Dennis who was in the light.
"What are you doing outside of the room," Dennis asked buttoning up the top button of his shirt.

"I need to talk to you," I say walking towards him. I don't want to regret my decision so I try and be careful around Dennis. If this even is Dennis. Since I still have little information about what's going on I would need to make sure that this is still Dennis and not some imposter.
I walk close enough to Dennis that we're inches apart.

"You're not suppose to-"

I collide my lips with his. I wrap my arms around his back. Dennis kisses back just as passionate.
When we both break away from the long awaited kiss. "I just had to make sure it was you," I say meeting his eyes.
"What did you need to talk to me about?" He asks seeming much more calmer and less uptight.

"Oh yeah. I need you to make a promise to me, okay?" I offer still holding onto Dennis. He doesn't respond so I just go on with what I'm going to say.

"I need you to make sure that I won't die here. I need you to promise me that."
"Because when all of this is over we can live as a happy family. With Ella, you, and me. Maybe even more but you just need to promise me that, please," I cry burying my face into his chest. His body loosens as he wraps his arms around me to comfort me.
After a few moments of tears streaming down my face and silence Dennis talks.

"I'll uh- try my best. But you just need to follow directions and do as your told. I can't stay in the light for long. You need to get back into your room," He says taking my arm and walking me to the room I've been in for a while.
"I'll be back later." Then the door closed and locked. A feeling of despair came upon me as I felt lonely again. All I could think about was a life that could happen if I survive all of this.

A felt a change in Dennis ever since he had found out about Ella. Things were quite different. He wanted to listen now.

With my emotions and thoughts at ease I could drift off to sleep in a peaceful manner.

"Who's the father?" "You can't raise a child when you can't even raise yourself." "Slut. This is what happens when you sleep with every guy"
My eyes filled with tears as all of these comments were replayed back to me over and over again. The agonizing pain of hearing these words was unbearable. I fell to the ground covering my ears but yet still able to hear the words crystal clear.

My eyes flew open they adjust to the darkness. The clock read that it was 1AM in the morning. I tried to clear my thoughts but I got frustrated on not being able to fully get rid of these horrible nightmares. I turned over bumping into something. I was laying on the bed so what could it be.

"Sorry. You sounded like something bad was happening. What were you dreaming about?" A soft yet serious voice was heard through the darkness. It was Dennis. My heart skipped a beat as I was surprised that he was even in here laying down with me.

"My bad. I didn't mean to wake you," I mumble nervously. The crickets were heard from outside these walls and their sound came in muffled.

"Do you want to uh. Talk about what you dreamt about?" Dennis asks. I thought about if I wanted to tell him but now just wasn't the time for this. It was a too big of a risk of loosing all of the trust I've made so far.

"No," I mumble. I roll back over onto my side. I close my eyes afraid if another one of those memories will resurface and come back to hurt me.

"I've actually thought about coming to see you last year. But then things got complicated," Dennis says. I turn my head as if he could see me. I was confused at his statement.