Haven

(warning talks about some touchy subjects) PS (sorry if things don't make sense or if there are spelling errors. didn't have time to proofread)

It felt like I was slowly dying inside. Who knows how long I've been in here for. It felt like days. I could hear the sounds of footsteps coming from the inside. I'm stuck. I wasn't worried for myself. I was worried for the baby. Since I am at 10 weeks into my pregnancy I should be occasionally feel my baby move, but I haven't yet. It's not until you have nothing is when you start realizing how important everyday things are. The small cement rooms darkens as the night sky settles in. Through the cracks of the wood I could see a few twinkling white starts.

The crickets came out to sing it's songs as everything else went to sleep. I just wanted to get out of here. Worried on what Patricia would've said to Dennis. Thinking that maybe he has changed sides and is now siding with her. I feel if I were to spend anymore time in here I would die. I thought I was dreaming when I heard footsteps outside. The steps of shoes walking on gravel. I try looking through the cracks of the wood but not able to see anything other than the sky.

"Help!" I shout banging on the wooden doors. The footsteps gets louder and louder. The hinges of the wooden door opens as the two doors open above me. Showing Dennis standing above me. He looks exhausted. What happened to him.

He helps to lift me up out of the claustrophobic space.
"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Dennis asks frantically, hearing the worry in his tone.

"I'm fine. But I don't know what Patricia injected me with to knock me out," I say looking at the worried Dennis.

His eyes showing his exhaustion. His body lay guard showing the tire that he had went through these days . My weak body can barely walk without shaking.
Seeing how different Dennis is I can't stop to wonder, what did happen?

"What did Patricia do to you?" I ask as we make a turn to the front door.
Dennis takes a deep breath as he hesitates to tell me anything.

"Things that one bears not thinking," he says softly. It must've been really bad. I mean whatever happens to Patricia would happen to Dennis.
As I walk back into the house. The feeling of not being trapped in a cement room lifts up from me. I feel much more happier and energetic although I'm I need of a good sleep.

Dennis rushed to get me water. Although I wasn't that dehydrated since I was sheltered from the sunlight. After drinking water and eating food until I'm satisfied I walk up the stairs and get ready for sleep. As I slide under the cold duvet covers and sink my head into the pillow. Finally getting some relaxation. I bra hear the footsteps coming towards me and feeling the bed dip the other way.

"How are you feeling?" I hear Dennis ask next to me.

"I'm alright. What about you. How are you feeling?" I mumble as I turn over only my side facing Dennis. Feeling his arm wrap around me giving me instant comfort. I nuzzle my head into the side of his chest.

"I've been better," he mumbles. You could hear the songs of crickets and the occasional would of wind. Just as I was about to drift off to sleep an unusual feeling happened in my stomach. It had felt like a fluttery feeling along with the feeling of bubbles piping inside my stomach.

"Dennis," I whisper. "Hm?" He hums realizing that he too was about to sleep.

"I think the baby is moving," I say excitedly. I place my hand on my stomach as the feeling continues. Dennis places his hand on my stomach. The sensation stops but then a few moments later it comes back again.